It's official: Bengals letting Spikes go! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's official: Bengals letting Spikes go!

SoCalBillsFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Bills | Spikes All Theirs - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
March 10, 2003 9:03:06 PT Bengals.com reports the Cincinnati Bengals have declined to match the offer sheet given to LB Takeo Spikes by the Buffalo Bills. "Takeo has been a good player for the Bengals and in the community, and I wish him good luck with his career in Buffalo," Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said. "Today is the beginning of a new day in the Bengal organization, and in the shaping of the football team under my direction."

http://nfl.kffl.com/news/hotwire/teams/buf.shtml

:D

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!

I love having cap space!!

;)

And I love having more talent eating up cap space than Barfalo has. I would hope Buffalo has more cap space, look at their record the past 5 years!

Enjoy your cap space while you can, because signing some actual TALENT just ate a chunk out of it.

Spikes is a great signing, good for you. It will help your defense a ton. But I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it and besides, I'm to happy about what the Skins are doing to the Jets to fret about this. Plus we finally signed a good WR, which we desparately needed.

Also, this just cemented Cincy's legacy as total crap even more into stone. Why bother with the TT if you're not gonna match a legimate offer? Francise and trade like the Bills did. Do the Bungles get any comp for this?

No compensation for the bengals!

THe bills record the last 3 years was a direct result of having NO cap room and therefore not being able to sign anyone...

Now we are upgrading talent and STILL have cap room

SO what the Dolphins already about as talented as you get.Only exception of course being a guy name Ray Lucas who would sure look good in Buffalo uni..

yeah, fiedler is every team's dream at Qb :rolleyes:

than why sign anyone else? just go with who ya got ;)

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan

Actually Fiedler is a good QB and I'm not going to sit here explained why because I already did in trillion other thread.Point is Dolphins are very talented team but that doesn't gurantee nothing like last year.

why is it always the fish fans asking what the Bills have done in the last 3 years??? What the hell have the fish done besides get shut out in the playoffs and completely miss the playoffs. while we have spent the last 3 years REBUILDING our team the dolphins have added ricky williams and we all see that RW doesn't do it alone. Jee, who would have figured one player doesnt win superbowls! The Bills have answered your signing of RW with Spikes, Fletcher and hopefully Sam Adams, plus a few other guys that should make an immediate impact. lets stop talking about the last 3 years final standings because they have absolutely no bearing on this upcoming season. and lets start talking about the talent the teams have acquired the last three years that do have a bearing on how our teams will finish this year!

Erin

Dumb move by the Bengals. They should've matched & then their D would've been one of the best.

Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan

why not, fiedler whipped your ass the 4 times he played ya!:D

Originally posted by SMadison29
Dumb move by the Bengals. They should've matched & then their D would've been one of the best.
now i think you know why the bengals fans have filed a suit against the team, claiming they're not competetive!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolfan06
why not, fiedler whipped your ass the 4 times he played ya!:D

yeah, he beat a team that no longer exists....most of those guys arent around anymore. And we SUCKED back then. beating the sorry bills doesn't make him a desirable qb :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom