It's Tannehill Time | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Tannehill Time

I've been saying it all year - Tennessee lost pretty much everyone of worth from their offense save for Henry, Brown, and their second TE (Firkser?). Corey Davis, Jonnu Smith, all their backup receivers, they were all gone and replaced with unspiring rookies and the broken shell of Julio Jones. They did as bad of a job of setting up their skill players as Miami did outside of Waddle. They actually overachieved before Henry went out.

I've been saying it all year - Tennessee lost pretty much everyone of worth from their offense save for Henry, Brown, and their second TE (Firkser?). Corey Davis, Jonnu Smith, all their backup receivers, they were all gone and replaced with unspiring rookies and the broken shell of Julio Jones. They did as bad of a job of setting up their skill players as Miami did outside of Waddle. They actually overachieved before Henry went out.
Is this a veiled praise of Tannehill?

Tannehill has never ever been a clutch player, if your relying on tannehill to win the game for you , good luck.

There is no such thing as clutch.

Plays count the same over 60 minutes, a TD in the first quarter is worth the same as a TD late in the 4th quarter.

When people tell me a guy is "clutch" what it means is that he doesn't play to his full ability the entire game.

Plays count the same over 60 minutes, a TD in the first quarter is worth the same as a TD late in the 4th quarter.

When people tell me a guy is "clutch" what it means is that he doesn't play to his full ability the entire game.

While a TD scored in first quarter counts the same as 4th quarter TD the link to success clearly shows you have to score in the 4th to win games in the NFL.

I think the 'clutch' term mostly comes from being able to execute aggressive play calling.

A team that's down a few points with time running out where the plays being called are more often than not drastically different than the same scenario in the first quarter.

Tannehill has never ever been a clutch player, if your relying on tannehill to win the game for you , good luck.
The facts would disagree;

Tannehill is ranked #17 All Time in comeback wins and is way ahead of more popular QBs such as Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Dan Fouts, Terry Bradshaw, Roger Staubach to name a few....

Looks like he's 'clutch' to me...

While a TD scored in first quarter counts the same as 4th quarter TD the link to success clearly shows you have to score in the 4th to win games in the NFL.
You make it sound like a 4th quarter defense is more important than a 4th quarter offense, assuming you are in the lead.

Then you don't understand what clutch is.

Then you don't understand what clutch is.

No, there is no such thing as elevating your game to another level in crunch time. If you have that level you use it all game.

For instance, Tom Brady is not "clutch" he's just as likely to put up big numbers in the firtlst or 4th quarter. He provides a stable level of play throughout.

No, there is no such thing as elevating your game to another level in crunch time. If you have that level you use it all game.

For instance, Tom Brady is not "clutch" he's just as likely to put up big numbers in the firtlst or 4th quarter. He provides a stable level of play throughout.
Exactly. You don't get it.

hmmmm, i wonder what would happen to most good QBs in the league if you took away their starting TE, top 2 all pro receivers, and best RB in league, and then for grins, their injured left tackle playing about half the snaps.

Oh, and just to make it fair, lets have the entire team set a 50 year NFL record for most injured players.

And here they are tied for the best record in AFC and #2 seed.

Back
Top Bottom