It's time to give some awards! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's time to give some awards!

Dreads-4-Prez

Practice Squad
Reaction score
After last night, I think that it is pretty safe to give out my annual awards. Let's face it, even if the Phins get in from Denver losing out, how far can they actually go? Here we go:

1) To the running game ~ The "Only players that showed up to play" award.

2) Matt Turk ~ The "Special Teams play of the year" award. SAD!!!

3) Jay Fiedler ~ The " Mr. Consistency" award.
9 TD's & 11 int's on the year, not winning a big game when it counts, and throwing the ball high pretty much all night. That's pretty consistent for him.

4) The Receivers ~ The "I couldn't catch a cold" award.

5) The Defense who actually took home 3 awards last night:
a) The "No heart" award.
b) The "Overrated" award.
c) The "Dumb a$$ penalties" award.

6) The Coaching Staff ~ The "What are you doing this January" award.

7) The Dolphin Fans at the game last night ~ The "We were the second loudest fans at the game" award.

8) Ricky Williams and Patrick Surtain ~ The "ONLY Dolphins that will definitely have a job here next year" award. (This does include the coaching staff)

9) The Florida Marlins ~ The "At least YOU gave us a Championship (again)" award. They won on the road and in the cold.

And Finally...
10) All of the Dolphin fans in America and overseas ~ The "Blue Balls" award. They get us excited but never finish us off!!!

***Please feel free to add any awards that you think should be given out this year. All ideas are appreciated.

We might as well laugh at it. They've pissed me off for too long.

Hey.. We Dolphin fans tried... but it is hard to top obnoxious philly fans...

I screamed as loudly as I could the entire game.. until the very end in a wasted effort.. I think we had a pretty loud crowd for awhile...

Oh well.. :(

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Hey.. We Dolphin fans tried... but it is hard to top obnoxious philly fans...

I screamed as loudly as I could the entire game.. until the very end in a wasted effort.. I think we had a pretty loud crowd for awhile...

Oh well.. :(

I wasn't mocking the Dol-fans, trust me. I just thought it was sick how many Philly fans were at that game.

HAHAHAHA!! This is great stuff!! nice job Dreads!

Here are some of mine:

The Offensive line gets the "open the flood gates" Award for allowing defenses to pour into our backfield all year.

Special mention to Wade Smith for the "Dolly Parton" Award given to the biggest BUST in the draft.

Jay gets the "lowest QB rating" in Dolphin history award

Ricky gets the "Rebel without a cause" Award for being the only one who plays with heart every week.

The WR's get my "Snuggle" Award. They are so covered by DBs they must be getting all lovey with them.

Norv Turner gets my "Hey Guess what? The defenses of 03 knows how to beat that tired old 80's Cowboys scheme" Award.

Olindo Mare gets my "I might as well suck too" Award.

And finally...

Coach Wanny gets the "Don't let the door hit you a$$" Award and the "First Mate" Award. Jimmy needs a deck hand on the Three Rings down in the Keys.

Originally posted by fin-atic
HAHAHAHA!! This is great stuff!! nice job Dreads!

Here are some of mine:

The Offensive line gets the "open the flood gates" Award for allowing defenses to pour into our backfield all year.

Special mention to Wade Smith for the "Dolly Parton" Award given to the biggest BUST in the draft.

Jay gets the "lowest QB rating" in Dolphin history award

Ricky gets the "Rebel without a cause" Award for being the only one who plays with heart every week.

The WR's get my "Snuggle" Award. They are so covered by DBs they must be getting all lovey with them.

AWESOME

Norv Turner gets my "Hey Guess what? The defenses of 03 knows how to beat that tired old 80's Cowboys scheme" Award.

Olindo Mare gets my "I might as well suck too" Award.

And finally...

Coach Wanny gets the "Don't let the door hit you a$$" Award and the "First Mate" Award. Jimmy needs a deck hand on the Three Rings down in the Keys.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Coach Wanny gets the "Don't let the door hit you a$$"

I'm shocked you didn't include your boy Jay in that award!

That is an ignorant statement. You cannnot judge a draft pick by their rookie year. Besides, he has played solidly for a rookie starting at left tackle. If you must bash someone bash the coaching staff for making it a necessity to start a rookie LT.

Originally posted by mee

That is an ignorant statement. You cannnot judge a draft pick by their rookie year. Besides, he has played solidly for a rookie starting at left tackle. If you must bash someone bash the coaching staff for making it a necessity to start a rookie LT.

This post is just for fun. Let's not start bashing people's comments here. Please

Originally posted by mee

What games have you been watching? Every game the right DE is blowing by him and sacking the QB. How many sacks for fumbles did he give up this year? I bet it would be a record if they tracked it. He was horrible. You must be one of the fans who still thinks Jamar Fletcher is going to materialize.

No one on the entire line played good this year, and Wade Smith was one of the worst.

No, its cool. But I just think that expectations for a rookie (3rd rounder) can't be as high as everyone else on the line. Smith was drafted to be a future LT ... so I think it is premature to call him a bust. No ill intent here either.

The hungover, grumpy, disappointed, misdirected anger award goes to mee!!

Back
Top Bottom