Its Tough Fo Me To Throw In the Towel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Tough Fo Me To Throw In the Towel

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Maybe I'm neing unrealistic but look at our reamaining schedule. We don'y play a team that is really good on offense for the rest of the season.

Baltimore - Chris Redman will gift wrap this game.
Washington - Their O-line can't block either.
Dallas - Offense can be contained (see Buffalo game).
New England - Offense didn't hurt us in Miami until OT.
Buffalo - Offense is terrible
Philly - Offense has been struggling all year
Jets - Maybe the best offense of the bunch lately

If defense is really the strength of this team they need to stand up and stop these weak offenses.

Z28 I have not thrown in the towel either. Good post...

GOOO FFIIINZ !

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

true true... i still think back to the Baltimore team that won the SB a few years back, and say "why cant the Fins do that too? Baltimores offnese was awful... they went like15 quarters at one point without a TD that season... the Dolphins still have time to get on track. if the defense is able to get healthy in the next week or so, and get riled up again like they did after the Houston loss, they could be hitting their stride by playoff time. of course i cannot account for any improvement in the O line play, unless Dixon makes a miraculous recovery and Nails suddenly wakes up in shape and ready to go.

IMO,

Baltimore - W
Washington - W
Dallas - W
New England - L
Buffalo - W
Philly - W
Jets - W

That IS realistic, I think we will lose on of those games though. Maybe Dallas or Buffalo. I think 10-6.

you guys will finish 4-3...maybe make the playoffs, but a first round exit...nothing to be ashamed of though, just not good enough

Good Positive Post!

I've been wondering, this team was 4-1, they lose in OT as Mare can't kick off the dirt. They lose to Indy, on the fumble inside the 15. IMO they could have easily been 7-1.

Ok, so the Tenn. game sucked, but is this team really that bad:confused:

Bottom line - maybe we can the answer on Sunday.

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
you guys will finish 4-3...maybe make the playoffs, but a first round exit...nothing to be ashamed of though, just not good enough

At this point, making the play-offs is more than enough for me. That way the season is somewhat salvaged. Then Wanny gets canned and we'll go from there.

thanks, cleo

Originally posted by DolphinzD

At this point, making the play-offs is more than enough for me. That way the season is somewhat salvaged. Then Wanny gets canned and we'll go from there.
well, you guys can most certainly make it...the 6th seed is gonna be occupied by some ****ty team at season's end. Since the Bills are too inept to grab it, I'll pull for the Bengals to make 6th

no problem...now how do you want your heroin packaged?:lol:

:lol: always wanted to say that..

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan
Maybe I'm neing unrealistic but look at our reamaining schedule. We don'y play a team that is really good on offense for the rest of the season.

Baltimore - Chris Redman will gift wrap this game.
Washington - Their O-line can't block either.
Dallas - Offense can be contained (see Buffalo game).
New England - Offense didn't hurt us in Miami until OT.
Buffalo - Offense is terrible
Philly - Offense has been struggling all year
Jets - Maybe the best offense of the bunch lately

If defense is really the strength of this team they need to stand up and stop these weak offenses.

You're right, we should win all these games.

But the problem isn't with the opponent offense as much as their defense. If they can get a push on our linemen we won't win many game. If we hold on, we will win.

well, you guys can most certainly make it...the 6th seed is gonna be occupied by some ****ty team at season's end. Since the Bills are too inept to grab it, I'll pull for the Bengals to make 6th

I looked at Cincy's schedule, and they have a stretch of three straight road games, and four out of five. Marvin Lewis is doing a great job, but I think that's just a little too much to overcome. But hey, it could happen, you never know. That's why they play the games. I think it will come down to Miami and Denver, and if you think Miami's December is tough, check out Denver's last two games: at Indy and at Green Bay. Ouch. They also have to play KC again, and at Oakland (I know the Raiders aren't so good this year, but playing at Oakland is always tough).

I myself cannot throw in the towle either.. I'm glad to see there are still fans out there believing this team could turn it around..

This defense will need to play like the way they started the first 8 games of the season.. With the weak offenses that "Z28&Dolphan" brought up in our remaining schedule, our defense will now have to earn their pay check and carry this team the rest of the year which would make it the whole year that this defense has been driving this team... I have confidence in this defense to come up big..

Back
Top Bottom