I've never been.......... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've never been..........

Originally posted by Brad528
I dont see us as a laughing stock yet but it could happen in two or three seasons. But i do think beatcrazy needs an umbrella cause i am going to piss on his head. Just playing its actually my brother.

Ya'll wouldn't happen to be those killer B bros we had a while back would ya???? :lol:

Some people evidently have issues with pre-maturity.........

I'm not saying they'll miss or make the playoffs next year...I gotta see FA and the Draft first.

The attitude is difficult to hear but I agree with your ideas about personell. Lets hope your prediction ends with who we get and not what they do when they get here.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
Some people evidently have issues with pre-maturity.........

I'm not saying they'll miss or make the playoffs next year...I gotta see FA and the Draft first.

I hear ya but even so, I have little or nO faith in Wannstedt's abilities. Sorry...........he just hasn't shown me anything to be able to think otherwise.

i dunno about any of you guys, but i dont give a crap if we're the laughingstock. If you actually get defensive when someone thinks less of you, you wont get far in life. Who the hell cares what anyone thinks of us?

Originally posted by DeDolfan

I hear ya but even so, I have little or nO faith in Wannstedt's abilities. Sorry...........he just hasn't shown me anything to be able to think otherwise.

Oh no doubt.....same stuff was said about Bill Belichick at Cleveland....................not that I'm comparing Wanny to him....but you NEVER know.

I'm just hopeful that next year will be better for a few glaring reasons:

1. Wanny Less Control of Offense - Collier and Co will do better than he EVER could.

2. Wanny Less Control on Draft Day - GO RICK!!!!

3. New WR and QB coaches, Sullivan and Trestman...these guys are widely known for their accumen at the job, and both have OC experience. Not to mention Bernie at the RB coaching spot, which I think he'll blossom in. Guy's got more heart than our entire O.

With Dave having less control it is possible we could do better. But does he really have less control or are they saying this. I dont know what to believe from this organization anymore. That is just what they said when they hired Dan and now he dosent want nothing to do with it. Maybe thats really why Dan quit maybe they werent taking away as much from Dave as it seemed.

Hey I agree with this post. I am sorry guys but the reality is we have missed the playoffs now two years in a row.

The sky isn't falling, but it sure is leaning downward.

I am curious what has happened that many of you feel so positive about? Other than highering Mark Trestman this team has donw nothing to improve itself. I know there is a lot of off season to go, but so far the negativity is justified.

Oh no doubt.....same stuff was said about Bill Belichick at Cleveland....................not that I'm comparing Wanny to him....but you NEVER know.

I'm just hopeful that next year will be better for a few glaring reasons:

1. Wanny Less Control of Offense - Collier and Co will do better than he EVER could.

2. Wanny Less Control on Draft Day - GO RICK!!!!

3. New WR and QB coaches, Sullivan and Trestman...these guys are widely known for their accumen at the job, and both have OC experience. Not to mention Bernie at the RB coaching spot, which I think he'll blossom in. Guy's got more heart than our entire O.

I know, it is possible, as BB has proven. But Wanny failed miserably in Chicago moreso than BB did in Cleve form what I remeber off the top of my head. But BB turned it around pretty quick in NE whereas Wanny has taken us backwards. If we have improved just a little each year, i could feel differently. Til then, i reckon my glass has tipped over! :cry:

There's negatives and positives....I see 'em both....don't dwell on the negatives is all...the BIGGEST negative IMO was Wanny's play calling last year. SEVERAL times I found myself asking, "WTF?"

They have stated that he will relinquish control of offense calling, and until I see the same crap we saw last year, I'm inclined to go with it.

Everybody says how pathetic a coach he is overall, and they also say how bad JF/BG blow, we only have 1 WR, pathetic Oline....etc etc....all of our problems on O would = a crappy season...which 10-6 is not...so who's totally to blame?

Way I see it is those other problems (not Wanny) will be addressed this off-season. If he can go out next year with improvements in these areas and we go deep into the playoffs, I'll say he's a good coach (not great....that's reserved for few HCs). If he goes out next year with these improvements and turns in the same results or worse, or not significantly improved for that matter, he's gotta go.

EDIT: I didn't want to see him return for 2004 either....but that's not my decision...and I'm not about to get all pissy over something I have no control over. I'd have taken Romeo in a NY MINUTE!

Negatives and positives are BOTH there....yes....I just find it more enjoyable to go with the positives is all...............

Last edited by a moderator:
There's negatives and positives....I see 'em both....don't dwell on the negatives is all...the BIGGEST negative IMO was Wanny's play calling last year. SEVERAL times I found myself asking, "WTF?"

They have stated that he will relinquish control of offense calling, and until I see the same crap we saw last year, I'm inclined to go with it.

Everybody says how pathetic a coach he is overall, and they also say how bad JF/BG blow, we only have 1 WR, pathetic Oline....etc etc....all of our problems on O would = a crappy season...which 10-6 is not...so who's totally to blame?

Way I see it is those other problems (not Wanny) will be addressed this off-season. If he can go out next year with improvements in these areas and we go deep into the playoffs, I'll say he's a good coach (not great....that's reserved for few HCs). If he goes out next year with these improvements and turns in the same results or worse, or not significantly improved for that matter, he's gotta go.

EDIT: I didn't want to see him return for 2004 either....but that's not my decision...and I'm not about to get all pissy over something I have no control over. I'd have taken Romeo in a NY MINUTE!

Negatives and positives are BOTH there....yes....I just find it more enjoyable to go with the positives is all...............

Excellent post...for a Navy boy! :lol:

Go Army! :apc:

Back
Top Bottom