J. Evans Signs With Jets.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. Evans Signs With Jets....

Evans played last year. He was off in 2000.

Well on the front seven this is whats up. Ferguson has played only a handful of games in 2 years. Cowart has played a handful of games in 2 years and whats worst he's recovering from an achilles injury. John Abraham in a word is awesome but he doesn't hold up at the point of attack against the run (way worst than Jason Taylor). On the other end you've got Shaun Ellis who was horrible last year and a rookie. Now in the middle you've got Evans and Webster sharing time, which to tell you the truth is not GOOD its merely mediocre at best.

Can anyone start adding up the question marks here? I mean think of free agency this way...everytime you sign a free agent to fill a starting spot you are rolling the dice on an unknown quantity. Thats the bottom line. Thats what teams have found out when they splurge on free agents. Thats why coaches like Belichick have thrived because they don't put a bunch of pressure on their free agents and they don't sign free agent starters, they sign free agents that have a CHANCE to start if they look good in camp. In one season Herm Edwards dumped 3 out of 4 defensive backs (keeping the worst one which is puzzling), exchanged them for 3 unknown quantities who were signed to START (not to compete), he's replaced a pro bowl caliber linebacker with another unknown quantity (REALLY unknown considering his injury history), he's replaced one DT with two unknown quantities (Evans and Webster), and replaced the other DT with a known quantity that has injury questions.

How many times can you roll the dice and keep winning? The jets will find out this season that if you put this much pressure on this many unknown quantities in the NFL, you will probably get burned and almost definitely won't get your money's worth.

Everybody keeps forgetting about the other "pro-bowler" the Jets signed.....Steve White.

Good God we are SCREWED!!!! What the hell are we gonna do against an unstoppable Jets' front 7? They are going to be rotating pro bowlers in and out!!

They have some solid players, but nothing to be afraid of(save Abraham, who I think is just unstoppable at times).

Other than Abraham, who scares you on their line? They have 3 good LBs. 2 are getting WAAAAY up there in age(Lewis and Jones....he must be due for another knee injury....hehe) but continue to impress regardless. Cowart has been well documented.

Their secondary is mediocre on paper at best. Abraham wasn't a starter last year, replaced by Brian kelly, who is good but never has been mistaken as a pro bowl player. Garnes is an adequate upgrade over Green, but is in the same mold(can hit, can't cover) and they still have that joke of a safety in Richardson. Beasley is a decent CB, but again nothing to be afraid of and can(and will) be beaten.

Nickleback? Anybody here cringe at the thought of lining our #3 WR against Smurf Mickens? How about promising, but unproven Henderson?

Please, save the drama. They have a solid D, but damn, it's like you are all talkin about 11 pro bowlers on the field at one time, with all pro backups.

good points parrot , i have the same thoughts about gardner and i am willing to go on a limb (ha) and say he wont finish the season ...his back is never gonna take a n nfl seasons worth of pounding ..time to develope the younger guys and cut our losses ..He is not worthy of the money or the "probowl type player" crap.. He was JJ's "project " and i think we have seen how this is working ....under achieving either because of attitude and or the last two years injuries! When you give that kinda money to a guy he HAS to be able to finish the season ..His back will never allow it ..and its too bad ..but its true .

On paper their defense looks solid and honestly I think the only thing that might hold it together is the coaching because I'm telling you, you just CANT roll the dice on that many free agent starters and expect to come up smellin like roses. They have like 6 new starters on that defense.

We'll see this season. DE is a lot less harsh on your body/back than DT is.

Daryl isn't slow either, he'll be a better rusher than Mixon was.

I think he had 6 sacks in 8 games. He was #1 or #2 in sacks for DTs before his injury.

Well for Gardener like I said I don't see him as an underachiever. I dont believe he's ever had any real attitude problems either. When he's on the field, he is never a disappointment. Never. But for the past two seasons, he just has not been on the field much at all. Averages 9 games the past two seasons and it may only get worst.

I for one am damn happy we didn't get Josh Evans. The Jets are complete morons for giving him more than a one year deal. It's only a matter of time before this AVERAGE NFL DT is caught doing drugs again. He's already tested positive FOUR times. The next time he's caught he's suspended for a year & possibly longer.

The Jets entire defense looks better than ours with exception to the DBs. But they have 6 new starters on D from last years team, so it should take them awhile to gel.

Back
Top Bottom