J.J. Arriington...worth our top 5 pick?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J.J. Arriington...worth our top 5 pick??

aj13 said:
i saw a thing on benson yesterday that showed just how poor the texas passing game is...how benson is facing 8 man fronts pretty much every down and how he still is putting up extraordinary numbers...
The RB position is actually probably the easiest position to transfer from the College level to the Pros. Every other position usually takes a few years. Alexander or Edge would be nice, but we could get a very good back in someone like Benson and have him around for at least 5-6 years at a relativley cheap price.

aj13 said:
i saw a thing on benson yesterday that showed just how poor the texas passing game is...how benson is facing 8 man fronts pretty much every down and how he still is putting up extraordinary numbers...

But Texas' OL averages like 550lbs per man, don't they? :evil:

ChambersWI said:
I'd like JJ, but he'll be available in the 3rd round.
Doubt it, after the bowls, combines and workouts look for him to slide into the first, early second at the latest.....the most productive back in the country and loaded with talent.

ok, good points. not a top 5 back. but Arrington brings visions of clinton portis to my head. i like reggie bush too, but he's a sophomore..i dont like benson (biased against texas, and mack brown..im a tarheel) but certainly wouldnt be upset if we got him...ok, this post like all posts right now are irrevelant...i'm just thrown out isht to see what sticks t the wall..but i cant believe you guys dont think Arrington is a first round talent..have you seen this guy run?

There are three RBs worthy of a top 5 pick this year & that's just the problem, there's 3. If we don't find our RB in free agency(James or Alexander) & are satisfied with Feeley, then trading down for Benson or Brown would be a great move.

aj13 said:
i like the idea of benson coming to miami, but arrington is a good back. not first rounder though, we have more important issues at hand! ;)

Back
Top Bottom