J.T done in MIami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J.T done in MIami

I agree that PFT is a waste of bandwith, but Chris Berman did mention that JT is a name that could be heard involving a trade this weekend. In my own speculation a trade of JT would deffinitly make sence. He was upset about the treatment of Dave and Jim. JT's agent has said that JT is unwilling to adjust to the 3-4. We have now brought in 3 new DEs. 1 deffinite starter in Kevin Carter. Carter is perfect to play the strong side in a the 3-4. Roth is a likely starter at the other DE. A little bigger than JT who could take up 2 lineman. JT would be the likely canidate for the outside LB/DE that moves around every play to keep the offensive cordinator off balance. That would also be the perfect fit for Vonnie Holliday. Seau and the kid we picked up today at LB are also pass rushing OLBs.

If you speculate on who a trade partner would be that is pretty easy. JT's favorite DC now coaches in Green Bay who took a QB that could be a great fit in Miami. They also took a talented WR in the 2nd when what they really need is D-line help.

TarHeelFinFan said:
With the way we've been acquiring DEs like crazy (now have 4-5 startable DEs) I wouldn't be surprised if JT's done here for more cap space.
could be worse, we could've drafted nothing but Cornerbacks. :lol:

Pretty funny to read all the posts from people who are all too ready to send Taylor packing. We lost Robinson; we lost Jay Williams. Plus we lost Ogunleye last year and didn't sign anyone afterwards to replace him. Also, why would Saban state he is building the D around Taylor if he wasn't sincere? I think, too if he thought Taylor was too expensive he would have said to him the same thing he said to Surtain.

late again said:
Pretty funny to read all the posts from people who are all too ready to send Taylor packing. We lost Robinson; we lost Jay Williams. Plus we lost Ogunleye last year and didn't sign anyone afterwards to replace him. Also, why would Saban state he is building the D around Taylor if he wasn't sincere? I think, too if he thought Taylor was too expensive he would have said to him the same thing he said to Surtain.

I would hate to send JT packing, he is my favorite Dolphin, but I can't dismiss the thought. PFT is a crappy source, but Berman said JT's name in trade thoughts like it was common knowledge. It made me curious. ESPN isn't normally a rumor mill, and JT could clean up alot of cap room to help Saban rebuild. With the trade of Surtain it showed no one was safe. Patrick was out best secondary player, and know he is a Chief. Jt would bring alot more to the trade table for us, and clear up more cap space. JT has also shown he isn't real excited about Saban' ideas.

If we trade him now, he would hit our cap hard. Saban is doing the same thing NE does. He is loading up on Dlineman and Linebackers so he can show more fronts.

Berman also said we never had a 2nd round pick. Just because he says it, don't mean its true.

Dajesus said:
I would hate to send JT packing, he is my favorite Dolphin, but I can't dismiss the thought. PFT is a crappy source, but Berman said JT's name in trade thoughts like it was common knowledge. It made me curious. ESPN isn't normally a rumor mill, and JT could clean up alot of cap room to help Saban rebuild. With the trade of Surtain it showed no one was safe. Patrick was out best secondary player, and know he is a Chief. Jt would bring alot more to the trade table for us, and clear up more cap space. JT has also shown he isn't real excited about Saban' ideas.

Berman is about as bright as those geniuses that run PFT.
As for cap space, it would cost us over 9million against the cap to trade JT this year. Keeping JT this year only costs us about 6.5million against the cap.

JT is not going anywhere. Saban is loading this team with playmakers. We all should be happy he is taking highly rated players and getting great value out of each pick. We could have taken another player in the second round that was projected to go late in the second day (remember Eddie Moore).

Back
Top Bottom