Jack Long and Chad Henne or Matt Ryan ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jack Long and Chad Henne or Matt Ryan ?

MiaFins1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I come on Finheaven everyday and enjoy reading the post from the fans. Good or bad win or lose we all have our own opinions and we all don't always agree but thats what i love about it. I have a question for my fellow fin fans. When the Fins played Atlanta the first game of the season most of the talk on here was how the front office screwed up and should have drafted M. Ryan instead of J Long , and that we should never have drafted Henne. , My question is would you still rather have Ryan over Long and Henne? Now i know Henne' s numbers don't jump off the stat sheet and 7 games don't make a career but he has played very well with no WR help. And besides Ryan had only played 16 games up to that point and some of you had he in the HOF . Now i don't know how Henne's going to turn out , but i liked drafting those two then and i still like it now. Just wondering what some of your opinions are now

I come on Finheaven everyday and enjoy reading the post from the fans. Good or bad win or lose we all have our own opinions and we all don't always agree but thats what i love about it. I have a question for my fellow fin fans. When the Fins played Atlanta the first game of the season most of the talk on here was how the front office screwed up and should have drafted M. Ryan instead of J Long , and that we should never have drafted Henne. , My question is would you still rather have Ryan over Long and Henne? Now i know Henne' s numbers don't jump off the stat sheet and 7 games don't make a career but he has played very well with no WR help. And besides Ryan had only played 16 games up to that point and some of you had he in the HOF . Now i don't know how Henne's going to turn out , but i liked drafting those two then and i still like it now. Just wondering what some of your opinions are now

:ponder:My opinion has never changed, I would rather have H&L

r u serious bro, your starting a thread that gives u an option of one qb, or a qb and an lt, "c'mon man." this belongs on nfl countdown

Hindsight is always awesome. Unless im mistaken this thread did occur after week 1.

Both teams benefited, Jake Long is a stud and Henne is the future QB of our team. And Matt Ryan is the future QB for the Falcons and Sam Baker, outside of injuries that cannot be predicted, is the left tackle for them for at least 5 years.

Both teams made out, both teams won. From a financial standpoint did we win? sure......but we had those draft picks, and we made the most out of them. In years to come, both teams will make noise. And i have little doubt we shall win because....well, we are a tough effing team that grinds it out in the 'mud' of the 'field'.

he said "Jack" Long and Henne or Matt Ryan...

If we are going the knitpick everything a original poster said, the next time a "smith" thread pops up i should start screaming about how we are in the market for Steve Smith(Panthers).

If we are going the knitpick everything a original poster said, the next time a "smith" thread pops up i should start screaming about how we are in the market for Steve Smith(Panthers).

jus a little humor..

We can get Steve Smith? He looked pretty good against Miami's Top notch CB duo yesterday!

I think this will answer what I think

BillTheGambler-1.gif

00aJakeAndHenne-1.jpg

Henne and Long for sure.

There QB ratings are nearly identical
Matt Ryan- 78.8
Chad Henne-77.7

Our strength of schedules have been nearly identical. Though I am too lazy to look up and calculate the stats, I feel safe in saying Henne has faced defenses that are a little better than what Ryan has faced this year, not by much, but better. Our O-lines and run games are nearly identical in strength. Which leaves receivers. We have ****, Atlanta has Roddy White AND Tony Gonzales. Therefore, I think it is pretty evident that we definitely made the right choice with Henne and Long. Though I definitely wish we could take back the Pat White pick:(

^ don't forget that those stats include the SD game when Henne had no preparation reps during game week. His QB is rating is higher as a starter

Back
Top Bottom