Jaguars and our Dolphins? Not as dissimilar as you may think | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaguars and our Dolphins? Not as dissimilar as you may think

Aqua and Orange

Poster With A Porpoise
Club Member
Reaction score
As a Dolphins fan, I've found that after the inevitable annual collapse of my team one of the only things that makes me feel better is looking at the worst teams in the league and saying, "Well, at least we aren't fans of THOSE guys."

At 2-9, with blowout losses in many of their games and no long term QB, I used the Jaguars as my baseline comparison.

Sadly, analysis reveals how truly awful of a season it has been for the Dolphins. Both the "tied for last-place in the NFL" Jaguars and middling Dolphins have scary similarities since October 6 (week 5):

-Both the Jags and Dolphins are currently tied for the league "lead" with 6 games and counting without a 4th quarter touchdown.

-The last time both teams scored those 4th quarter touchdowns at the beginning of October, they were both already trailing by 2 touchdowns-plus (Jags trailing the Rams by 14, Dolphins trailing the Saints by 25).

-Both the Dolphins and Jaguars are 2-5 since week 5.

-The Jaguars have allowed opponents to score 20+ points on them in 9 out of 11 games this season. The Dolphins? 9 out of 11 games.

Don't let the 5-6 record deceive you. Since the bye week, something is rotten in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom