Jakeem Grant Progressing In His Road To Recovery | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant Progressing In His Road To Recovery

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_11217828.jpg

Day by day, I get stronger. I get faster. And by the end of it, I will be better than I’ve ever been before. Don’t sleep. #BagSZN pic.twitter.com/hr5DhxwyGJ

— Jakeem Grant (@_TheDreamIsHere) March 22, 2019

Jakeem Grant is running again! Well, sort of. The diminutive and explosive Dolphins receiver gave us all an update on his rehab as he looks to bounce back from an injured Achilles tendon. And Grant looks good! He’s running on an ‘Alter G’ line of treadmill, which is designed to reduce weight and impact on the user.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/23/jakeem-grant-progressing-in-his-road-to-recovery/

If he's "hoping" to be ready by TC then chances are he might not be. That was a bad injury. I hope he doesn't rush it back. His whole game is based on speed and quick moves. If he doesn't have that 100% the way it was before he could be done imo.

If he's "hoping" to be ready by TC then chances are he might not be. That was a bad injury. I hope he doesn't rush it back. His whole game is based on speed and quick moves. If he doesn't have that 100% the way it was before he could be done imo.

I don't know how much time it normally takes to get back from that sort of injury. But agree for most players and especially him getting fully healthy is critical. His entire game is based on speed and quick change of direction etc. If he doesn't have that then he doesn't have an NFL future.

I don't know how much time it normally takes to get back from that sort of injury. But agree for most players and especially him getting fully healthy is critical. His entire game is based on speed and quick change of direction etc. If he doesn't have that then he doesn't have an NFL future.
Totally agree. It'd be a shame cause he can make some plays but they'll all based on that speed and quickness. Wilson needs to be back to 100% too. April is coming and if we draft a WR at some point it could be telling as to how the staff feels about Wilson and Grant as far as being healthy enough.

Totally agree. It'd be a shame cause he can make some plays but they'll all based on that speed and quickness. Wilson needs to be back to 100% too. April is coming and if we draft a WR at some point it could be telling as to how the staff feels about Wilson and Grant as far as being healthy enough.

Considering the injures those two suffered and considering Parker complete lack of dependability I think drafting a receiver is a strong need. Grant, Albert, and Parker could all realistically not be 100% or re injure themselves before(TC) and during the season. We need depth at that position I a bad way.

As he heals he should be catching footballs from a jugs machine everyday, 1000 catches per day. He needs to rid those drops.

In his first year he had a good number of punt drops and other dropped catches (pre-season, practices, etc...). Point being, while he is healing he can watch film and fine tune other areas of his game.

I have serious concerns for both of our tots...

Achilles surgery is no easy recovery for a player

like Grant (tho the surgery was reported to be "minor").

Wilson's hip is also a nasty threat to his career

considering the unending stress the joint will be under...

Truth is -- our WR corps is nowhere near as "deep" as it

seemed to be a year ago... Chalk it up as another need!

Last edited:
I have serious concerns for both of our tots...

Achilles surgery is no easy recovery for a player

like Grant (tho the surgery was reported to be "minor").

Wilson's hip is also a nasty threat to his career

considering the unending stress the joint will be under...

Truth us -- our WR corps is nowhere near as "deep" as it

seemed to be a year ago... Chalk it up as another need!
Hopefully Ford can step up his game this year so we don’t have to waste a pic on that position

It looks to me like his left leg has lost a significant amount of muscle. This was to be expected. He may still be a player for us but I doubt he will ever be the same threat again while sporting Marino-calf.

Not encouraging. You may have to refresh for the site to pop up.

https://lermagazine.com/article/return-to-football-after-achilles-tendon-rupture

"The decrease in power ratings seen in the NFL players could suggest that they are returning too soon, before rehabilitation is fully complete, that the ultimate strength of the healed repair is less than its pre-injured state, or that the musculotendinous unit may have lengthened. Based on the literature, the best treatment for athletes would consist of surgical repair, with an open, mini-open, or percutaneous technique, focused on tendon apposition and proper musculotendinous unit tensioning followed by a functional rehabilitation program involving a progression of increasing motion, weight-bearing, and strengthening exercises. Typically, return to sports is allowed at six months. Even after return to activity, it may be necessary for patients to perform more intense strength training of the repaired tendon and gastroc-soleus complex prior to full participation in their sport."

Back
Top Bottom