Jakeem Grant | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant

Makes sense.. but still I think he would be super dangerous as a KR. And we subject Drake to it, who is probably a more important role in the overall offensive scheme (unless Grant gets a lot of shots a WR).. not arguing, just imagining.
I don't disagree at all. Just that Drake is a RB and is going to be better at taking a hit. I might put him back there if I need to make something happen - he ran some nice ones last year. He also got popped a few times where I was like, "damn!" - I think we'll see him back there situationally.

Not to be a naysayer, but he still missed a pretty catchable ball last night, or he would've had another 60 yards and 6 points. There's a lot to like about Grant, but I just think those hands are still gonna be a problem.

This is the play I will remember from preseason:

Yup, I agree, that play shows not only speed, but great balance, Gase is going to have to find ways of getting him in the offense, he is too explosive not to.

I gotta give Grant credit. When early camp reports were coming in that he was dropping balls I thought the writing was on the wall. But he's been solid (though not perfect) in the games, and nobody is saying he's dropping balls all the time in practice now. He's a different player in space than he was in the slot. I wish we had a chance to see him against front line corners now. But the second string players can't sniff him. Can't wait to see how Gase uses him in the regular season myself.

Agree... I see 4 wide formation 3 stack wide side + Grant (all alone) on the other... Talk about speed and big play monsters -- Grant Parker Stills & Landry on the field at the same time! Put the train in 1 back -- or for more insane speed add Drake and... Could be pretty near impossible to deal with!!!

Agree... I see 4 wide formation 3 stack wide side + Grant (all alone) on the other... Talk about speed and big play monsters -- Grant Parker Stills & Landry on the field at the same time! Put the train in 1 back -- or for more insane speed add Drake and... Could be pretty near impossible to deal with!!!
Will the line be able to deal with long patterns without a TE in to help block?

I still think if we keep 6 WRs it will be drew morgan im just not sure I'd keep him.

I think that the guy, if he plays to his potential, will earn a third string position either this season or the next. He is a diamond in the rough for sure. What legs on that speedster. Yeah!

I doubted Grant, but glad to see he stepped up and earned his spot on the roster. Hope he can put some points on the board this season.

Will the line be able to deal with long patterns without a TE in to help block?

Doesn't have to be long patterns 7 step drop -- point is if Grant gets off LOS clean he's a HR threat with the ball in his hands + space!

Watching the Bokamper interview with Grant....

on practicing catching punts every day - "I won't leave the field until i feel it's second nature to me"

one more snippet (slight paraphrase)...
"Kenny and Jarvis told me if you make big plays on special teams, then they will say 'Maybe we could try him on offense' and I always kept that in the back of my head. I worked on perfecting catching punts, no matter what, when it's raining or anything, they can always put me in. I didn't want to let these guys down that were supporting me"

I miss the finsiders but at least we have this podcast, not alot of real substance on our team site since the finsiders went away.

4 WR set...Stills and Grant on the outside with Parker and Landry inside. Spread em out and chuck it. (Keep a RB or TE in to chip) Good luck covering these guys. Nice to actually see guys being developed.

4 WR set...Stills and Grant on the outside with Parker and Landry inside. Spread em out and chuck it. (Keep a RB or TE in to chip) Good luck covering these guys. Nice to actually see guys being developed.

Good luck to our pass protection. There's a reason we only ran 4 receiver sets 6% of the time last year.

Back
Top Bottom