Jamar Fletcher first round Bust. Manning 3rd round stud | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Fletcher first round Bust. Manning 3rd round stud

Daniel Graham first round bust. McMichael 4th round stud.

Maybe if Belli wasn't drafting for NE the past 3 years they'..... oh wait..

Originally posted by Sherif
Maybe if Wanny wasn't drafting for Miami the past 3 years we'd have made the SB.

Yeah and we wouldn't have hit on McMichael and O-Gun.

Oliver...

Who is a 3rd round stud?

Oh btw we weren't the only ones wrong about Jamar. I remember hearing Kiper talk about Jamar he said he has no idea what went wrong he was really really high on Jamar.

I just hope Spielman isn't a believer in trading future draft picks for the present. That's the only thing that has pissed me off about past drafts.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
I just hope Spielman isn't a believer in trading future draft picks for the present. That's the only thing that has pissed me off about past drafts.

Especially when you give a 2nd round pick to a division rival who already has 2 first round picks.

We never drafted O-Gun.

Not only that, but just look at the rookies contributing for both superbowl bound teams.

Patriots-
Ty Warren
Eugene Wilson
Bethel Johnson
Dan Klecko
Asante Samuel

Panthers-
Jordan Gross
Ricky Manning

And add another 4 starters on this panthers team from the '02 draft. In comparison, the last 2 drafts of the phins have produced only Wade Smith and McMicheal as players that are productive.

The phins have just got next to nothing in the later rounds since the departure of Jimmy, those later round picks give you key backups and special teams play at min wage.

Some publication, I think it was Athlon, made a mistake & listed us as drafting Manning this year. I wish it were true.

Originally posted by Ferretsquig
Not only that, but just look at the rookies contributing for both superbowl bound teams.

Patriots-
Ty Warren
Eugene Wilson
Bethel Johnson
Dan Klecko
Asante Samuel

Panthers-
Jordan Gross
Ricky Manning

And add another 4 starters on this panthers team from the '02 draft. In comparison, the last 2 drafts of the phins have produced only Wade Smith and McMicheal as players that are productive.

The phins have just got next to nothing in the later rounds since the departure of Jimmy, those later round picks give you key backups and special teams play at min wage.

It's clear that Wanny has helped this team in free agency, and with Spielman and Eddie Jones help he's maintained the Nucleaus of the Defense. But there is a high probability that if a more talented evaluator was in charge of the draft we could have likely advanced to a SB in the past 4 years. We all posted concern after the draft and in the off season when our goals of upgrading the OL and WR positions were mostly ignored or failed attempts. Failures like not getting Wayne Gandy or Antwan Boldin cost games and I never overlook them with the hype of other FA acquision.

Good info Ferrett but quite sobering. Man, have we blown the draft two years in a row. You just can't afford those type of errors in such a critical area. As Sherif pointed out the failure to get Boldin and Gandy hurt this team very badly this year. Those players would of had us in the Playoffs, without them we go nowhere. Somebody in the FO has to wake up and turn this situation around fast.

Originally posted by Jaj
We never drafted O-Gun.

He was signed after the draft as an undrafted FA. That is all a part of the draft process.

Oliver...

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
I agree. If Whitley doesn't start this year at G then it was another bad move to give up this year's 2 round pick just to take him in round 3 last year. Wanny did it with Greenwood too. But at least he's starting. I think we should try to trade down this year for a change but it'll all depend on what we do with free agency.

Ozzy rules!!

No the pick we gave up got us Smith not Whitley.

Back
Top Bottom