Jamar Fletcher first round Bust. Manning 3rd round stud | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Fletcher first round Bust. Manning 3rd round stud

Originally posted by Jaj
No the pick we gave up got us Smith not Whitley.
Thanks, I guess I had them inverted. I still think that Whitley was a mistake unless he starts for us this coming season. But wanny did gets us some good players. I just hate giving up high picks to take a guy a round lower. The only time that;s worked for us in the last several years was when we took Surtain. He was worth that 1st round pick we gave for him.

Ozzy rules!!

Would have rather taken Lloyd or Simms there. Also Holland who is starting next year for the Saints OL.

I think Surtain was drafted in '97
Wanny took over in 2000 I think

98. So far the Wade Smith thing has worked out.

Originally posted by Jaj
Would have rather taken Lloyd or Simms there. Also Holland who is starting next year for the Saints OL.

Lloyd would be a perfect fit besides Chambers too... :(

Originally posted by SurtainRulz23
I think Surtain was drafted in '97
Wanny took over in 2000 I think
Yes JJ made that trade and that was the last time that it really worked. The jury's still out on Wade Smith but we'll see. Still, Ilike keeping our high picks cos you can then trade down and have more high picks.

Ozzy rules!!

Any third round LT starting all sixteen games and only struggling in a small stretch is a steal. Especially one as raw as Smith was.

Back
Top Bottom