Jamar Fletcher Has To Step It Up... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Fletcher Has To Step It Up...

Well, next year we'll probably get our shot at a QB. The 2003 class will be loaded. And it might just be unbelievably loaded depending on who comes out early.

Originally posted by SWS84
I thought we should have taken Brees that year, but will stand behind Fletcher for now. I'm still holding out that he will start making some plays- just like the staff and fans- and hope it will be soon. Our 3rd corner has always had a target on his back and suspect that Surtain will have to slide over this year which might expose the deep routes if one of our young guys doesn't step up.
I guess we still have time though, because it's still early in camp.
In a few weeks, if things don't settle down, then I'll start sweat'in it.

:D :D :D

I agree SWS, we are getting impatient a little here. what i saw in teh scrimmage wasnt all that bad. he needs to defenitley get much nastier and close up on the underneath stuff. we simply have to keep him out there and work his butt. Fletcher doesnt want to give up the big one anymore so he is playing it safe on the underneath stuff. once he gets his instincts down, he will shine. he definetly has the talent and he is an agressive CB. he has to take chances and roll the dice. he will get beat sometimes, but eventually you will make plays and gain confidence. thats when you become a better cb.

I nearly FELL OVER when I heard the name Jamar Fletcher instead of Drew Brees while watching the draft that year. I actually yelled who the f*** is Jamar Fletcher?!?!? Oh, well, can't changed what happened. Best I could figure your Div rival just moved up to take Santana Moss, maybe you want the best backfield you can get.

Yes but thats precisely what is in question here. Drew Brees was not necessarily considered a "blue chip" prospect at QB. 31 teams passed up on Drew Brees in the first round.

How many passed up on Danny?;)

Originally posted by Muck
Well, next year we'll probably get our shot at a QB. The 2003 class will be loaded. And it might just be unbelievably loaded depending on who comes out early.

There will be a lot of QBs available, but its way too early to predict accurately what position or player we'll get. But as of now, it seems we'll be most likely to draft a WR, DL, or QB with our first pick.

brees..................

CKPH: ther was another guy who going into his senior year had top of the draft/heisman talk around him............

dan marino!

he had a down senior year and a freaky drug rumour and boom, bottom of the draft.

you have to take a players college career as a whole in mind when drafting. many things can happen to a player to have an off year. his team wasn't exactly loaded with 1st round talent offensive players. and brees's college career was very consistant.

considering our needs, it should have been brees or chambers.

Originally posted by booyeah_

There will be a lot of QBs available, but its way too early to predict accurately what position or player we'll get. But as of now, it seems we'll be most likely to draft a WR, DL, or QB with our first pick.

Provided we have a 1st round pick..This year dictates what round and where we draft next year..so even if some unbelievable QB's are available,,we might no have a high enough pick to get them..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Provided we have a 1st round pick..

I never said with our first round pick. I said with our first pick. We'll have at least a 2nd round pick.

Back
Top Bottom