Jamar Fletcher Questions | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Fletcher Questions

Originally posted by t2thejz
Well hes not that great in our system... i think in a cover 2 or zone defense he could be a pretty damn good cb

He definetly doesnt fit the dolphins system. Too slow and not physical enough to be a lock down man-to-man corner. I wouldnt be surprised if he plays better in a zone type of D where his lack of speed can be hidden and he can jump more passes.

He would be worth picking up for a team that runs that kind of D. No lose situation cause he wont be getting any kind of major $$.

The thing about Miami is that they put ALOT of pressure on their CB's to shut down their opposing WR's by themselves. JAmar Fletcher was a playmaker in college that used lots of zone schemes and he flourished in it. As a poster has said earlier, he's not physical enough for one on one and has a target put on his back every time he enters the field.

I remember against the Texans in Week 1 in 2003 season, as soon as Fletcher was put on the field, Carr attacked him every single play. Since then, he was demoted and Freeman took his place.

A team like the Buccs or Indianapolis could bring out the best in Fletcher. Dallas could as well.

He sucked.....plain and simple, got beat badly and often, his nickname should have been "Toast", because he was getting burned on a constant basis, oh yeah and who can forget that he was called for that 30-yard pass interference against the Pats in Dec 2002, that jump started their comeback to knock us out of the playoffs....good ridance!

thanks for the feedback... Dallas runs a lot of man to man, so doesn't look like he'll be a good fit with the Cowboys.

Originally posted by t2thejz
Well hes not that great in our system... i think in a cover 2 or zone defense he could be a pretty damn good cb

In a Zone yes, but Cover Two is used by Miami more than any other Defensive coverage scheme.

Fletcher was an overachiever in college. Too many mistakes. Way too many penalties. Glad to see him leave.

He's better than Mario Edwards. He's worse than Sam Madison.

Good point ZOD.

Mario Edwards to the CFL and Jamar Fletcher to the Arena League.

Back
Top Bottom