Jamar Fletcher | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Fletcher

DannyNoonan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If Omare Lowe and T-Buck play the slot receivers, and if Freeman doesn't start but is available to come in for multiple receiver sets, then does that leave Fletcher as the odd man out? And if so, what happens to him? Would we keep him on the roster for another year, only playing him if Madison or Surtain were to get injured? What kind of trade value does he have? Which teams might be interested in him?

Fletcher stays.

Without starting a debate over it...

Fletcher did show signs of improving last year. At times, he was really starting to get his game on. Finally, remember that it took about 2 and half years for Surtain to start playing at a consistent "lights out" level. People need to be just a little bit more patient. Having just said that, however, I must also add that this is the year he makes it or brakes it. If he hasn't turned the corner (sorry for the pun) by mid-season... SEE YA!

Still, with injuries and all (just look at last year), I don't think you can ever really have enough good corners. Careful now! I said "good" - not "great". And I, personally, do think that Fletcher is becoming a good corner.

Lastly, we've got too much invested in him and I just don't see teams offering us much in return. Detroit comes to mind - they NEEEED corners. Do they have a LT we could trade for???

Re: Fletcher stays.

Originally posted by -81- McMichael
Without starting a debate over it...

I don't think you can ever really have enough good corners.

That's the bottom line. The million dollar question is whether Wanny still thinks that Fletcher can be a good corner.

Re: Fletcher stays.

Lastly, we've got too much invested in him and I just don't see teams offering us much in return. Detroit comes to mind - they NEEEED corners. Do they have a LT we could trade for???

I agree with you about Fletcher becoming a good corner...no need to debate. I was just commenting on team moves. It seems Fletcher is not going to see the field much, at least the way things are shaping up. I know we have all of training camp to see who plays well, but the comments and other off-season moves have shown less-than-ringing endorsement for Jamar.

I am unsure about Detroit, but espn did have an article last week on teams that still had needs after the draft. The Dolphins OLT was mentioned. New Orleans and Denver were mentioned for CB. The funny thing about that combination is that both of those teams drafted an OLT prospect that we were rumored to have high on our draft board (Denver drafted Foster and New Orleans drafted Stinchcomb). I am not sure that if by drafting the young talent this season they are now ready to let go some veteran depth, but it may be a possibility.

Re: Re: Fletcher stays.

Originally posted by DannyNoonan

I agree with you about Fletcher becoming a good corner...no need to debate. I was just commenting on team moves. It seems Fletcher is not going to see the field much, at least the way things are shaping up. I know we have all of training camp to see who plays well, but the comments and other off-season moves have shown less-than-ringing endorsement for Jamar.

I am unsure about Detroit, but espn did have an article last week on teams that still had needs after the draft. The Dolphins OLT was mentioned. New Orleans and Denver were mentioned for CB. The funny thing about that combination is that both of those teams drafted an OLT prospect that we were rumored to have high on our draft board (Denver drafted Foster and New Orleans drafted Stinchcomb). I am not sure that if by drafting the young talent this season they are now ready to let go some veteran depth, but it may be a possibility.

You're talking about comments made during rookie camp. It may mean something, then again it may mean nothing. Only time will tell.

Obviously Wanny is bringing in competition for almost every position on this team. Let the best man win.

Oliver...

Re: Re: Fletcher stays.

Originally posted by DannyNoonan

The funny thing about that combination is that both of those teams drafted an OLT prospect that we were rumored to have high on our draft board (Denver drafted Foster and New Orleans drafted Stinchcomb). I am not sure that if by drafting the young talent this season they are now ready to let go some veteran depth, but it may be a possibility.

Really good point. Maybe there's something there... for later.

I don't know what the trade deadline is. I think it's somewhere in the middle of the season. If so... here's what I think:

A lot of things can happen. So, if we ('Phins) see that our secondary is playing fine without much help from Fletcher AND our offensive line really finds itself in dire need of a veteran OT... could be the moment to make for a trade with a Denver, N.O. or Detroit team in reverse situation.

Right?

Re: Re: Re: Fletcher stays.

Really good point. Maybe there's something there... for later.

I don't know what the trade deadline is. I think it's somewhere in the middle of the season. If so... here's what I think:

A lot of things can happen. So, if we ('Phins) see that our secondary is playing fine without much help from Fletcher AND our offensive line really finds itself in dire need of a veteran OT... could be the moment to make for a trade with a Denver, N.O. or Detroit team in reverse situation.

Right?

I think that such a trade would be more likely to occur near the end of training camp, when both teams have a better sense of the talent on their rosters and haven't yet cut down to the final 53. I doubt it will happen, but it may be a possibility.

Ok, as for me I gave up on him when I got to see him get abused by Marvin Harrison. But a lot of those passes were short out patterns which gave a pro bowler like Harrison the advantage. I was rather upset at the time. But during the season I saw Fletcher progress and learn a lot. During the end of the season I could say he had become a bit more educated.
And I've read that this offseason he has been working out like a man man on a mission. While I think he's on the ledge, I dont see us getting rid of him anytime soon unless we get a deal.

Back
Top Bottom