James Burgess Signs 3-Year/$1.62M Contract With Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

James Burgess Signs 3-Year/$1.62M Contract With Miami Dolphins

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
Louisville linebacker has signed his contract with the Miami Dolphins. Burgess announced that he was joining his hometown NFL team as an undrafted free agent very shortly after the 2016 NFL Draft concluded. Burgess finished his Louisville career as 4-year starter & was 3rd Team All-ACC Linebacker this past season.

James finished his career with 42 starts, 282 tackles and 7 Interceptions and was a major contributor to community outreach programs during his time at UofL.

Burgess’ deal is for 3-years and $1,620,000 with the Dolphins. James will be a restricted free agent in 2019. James will make $450,000 in 2016 provided he makes Miami’s roster and will receive a $90,000 raise each year during his contract

http://thecrunchzone.com/james-burgess-signs-3-year1-62m-contract-with-miami-dolphins/

Good third down coverage linebacker

I'll admit I don't know much about this kid but isn't that kind of a robust contract for a UDFA?

Hes special. He doesnt play 5'11". I excited to see him in miami uniform. If nothing else he could have a solid run as a special teams ace.

Far and away the prize of our UDFAs. Guy produced like crazy in college only to not be invited to the combine and go undrafted. He'll have a mountain sized chip on his shoulder on sundays. Looks like they already know what they got ...

Far and away the prize of our UDFAs. Guy produced like crazy in college only to not be invited to the combine and go undrafted. He'll have a mountain sized chip on his shoulder on sundays. Looks like they already know what they got ...

right on !

Great post.

If you a canes fan you've seent this dude. Smh was all over the field. I ain't mad about this pickup.

I'll admit I don't know much about this kid but isn't that kind of a robust contract for a UDFA?

I wondered same thing but if you look at details according to the link:

2016 - $450k
2017 - $540k
2018 - $630k

Which maybe a little higher than a normal UDFA but seems like a solid player.

Big contract for an undersized guy but his instincts and competitiveness are huge. Really like him. Decent measurables as well.

But mainly I can't emphasize enough how good this guy's instincts are. And he hits. He'll be a fan favorite even before his first preseason game imo.

His highlights look like Zach as far as diagnosing plays early, cutting through the line of scrimmage and making tackles in the backfield. Plays with emotion and fire.

I like the pick up. On the smaller side but makes interceptions and plays like he wants it.

Miami guy too.

Big contract for an undersized guy but his instincts and competitiveness are huge. Really like him. Decent measurables as well.

But mainly I can't emphasize enough how good this guy's instincts are. And he hits. He'll be a fan favorite even before his first preseason game imo.
Haha! Im sure the mods want to specifically thank you for the 4-5 threads about how burgess is our next Zach Thomas threads that are about to pop up...

Back
Top Bottom