James Morgan FIU: Fin fans takes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

James Morgan FIU: Fin fans takes

The Bopkin

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
So, I have been banging the drum on the forums for QB James Morgan FIU; not as the pick at 5, obviously, not even as the primary QB choice.
But if we go Tua, or Herbert, or whoever, I am still taking a shot on this guy with one of our multiple 5th rounders if he is still there.
Below is some footage of him vs The U.
I would love to know what others think. I have heard a lot of good about him.
thedraftnetwork's take on him:
the clip

Would love to know what people think.

I like this kid but he may be a 3 year or more project. Mechanics are too often very bad.

Helluva gun but with Russian WWII accuracy.
Russian wwII accuracy...thanks for that.
But that might make Morgan a great pick; let's say we get Tua at 5, do we want to invest in him a 2nd contract? Get Morgan, let him iron out the kinks, if we don't want to re-sign Tua to the expensive contract, you have Morgan ready to go at a much cheaper rate, if you think he can play.

Matt McGloin type of QB not bad value in the 5th.

Guy has a live arm , but why is the guy throwing 100 mph fastball 5 yards away I can’t tell you how many drops I saw because of that.

I like this kid but he may be a 3 year or more project. Mechanics are too often very bad.

Helluva gun but with Russian WWII accuracy.
Or more like storm trooper accuracy lol

the only way i see this happening is if you can get a late pick or conditional pick for Rosen. my preference is, Rosen stays on the roster this year because noone is going to give us what we paid for him.

go into the season carrying Fitz, Rosen and tua/herbert/love. Next year when Fitz is gone, then you can go after that developmental investment QB. IF the FO thinks Rosen is unsalvageable then sure, trade him for a late round pick and use it to get this guy. I honestly believe we can still get a 4th for Rosen. sure he hasnt shown much, but a good team will say "hes been on two **** teams, in two shitty situations".

but yeah the very first pass from that clip made me think "this is going to be a dandy" when he threw it into the flat at 100 mph like mentioned above

Exactly. It wouldn't make a fleck of sense. We need premium picks at the position.

Plural was intentional
Because if we have determined Rosen sucks or doesn't have any possibility of becoming our starter, we replace him with a 5th rounder.
Then trade or cut Rosen, no cap mess. Everyone on this board talks about moving on from QB mistakes, keep taking QB's until you get it, well, that's what this is about. Take one high, take one late. Lose Rosen if he doesn't have a shot.

Guy has a live arm , but why is the guy throwing 100 mph fastball 5 yards away I can’t tell you how many drops I saw because of that.
That was one of the criticisms I did hear about him; one was footwork, the other was his arm was so strong but yet he rifles it to RB's and WR's on short routes. But I assume those things are correctable. The thing about this guy is that he is a great leader, DJeremiah said he was the best interview at the E/W Shrine game. Honestly, of the guys/QBs after the top 4, this is the one this year that screams to me, don't let him go somewhere else(Like New England). Use a 5th on him. Let him compete with Rosen. I know we won't get back what we paid for Rosen. We probably aren't going to anyway. Eat the mistake, and take a shot at a guy like this who has got it between the ears, has got the arm. Worst case, you're out a 5th rounder, which is a low risk pick anyway.

Because if we have determined Rosen sucks or doesn't have any possibility of becoming our starter, we replace him with a 5th rounder.
Then trade or cut Rosen, no cap mess. Everyone on this board talks about moving on from QB mistakes, keep taking QB's until you get it, well, that's what this is about. Take one high, take one late. Lose Rosen if he doesn't have a shot.

So a year from now the high drafted QB takes the reins from Fitz and his backup will be James Morgan with ZERO playing experience?

Who thinks that is a good idea?

Especially if the young starter is a certain oft injured fella from Alabama.

Back
Top Bottom