Jamie Nails again

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,770
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Location
Arizona
We signed Jamie Nails to a two year contract. Chester is officially signed, and Kreutz, Chris Carter, and Robert Edwards are all in town talking with the Phins.

Lot's going on here folks!

In other news, the Browns Carmen Policy publicly stated they are NOT willing to trade their first round draft pick for R.W., and that they are hopeful to sign Hearst to a contract in the next couple days.

87

Browns | No Ammunition - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
15:36 PT: Clark Judge reports for Fox Sports the Cleveland Browns may not be involved in the trade talks for New Orleans Saints RB Ricky Williams, according to team president Carmen Policy. He said it's not a lack of interest in Williams, but the lack of the right firepower to trade for Williams. New Orleans wants at least a first-round draft pick for Williams, and the Browns aren’t interested in giving up the 17th overall choice in this year’s NFL Draft. Contrary to published reports, Policy said the team never discussed or contemplated giving up the draft pick for Williams. “We have an interest in Ricky Williams but not enough to offer a first-round draft pick,†said Policy.
 

dofnsman4303

Scout Team
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
225
Reaction score
0
Age
34
Location
Huntsville, Al.
Thats great news now since we are the only team in the RW sweepstakes that could bring down what we have to give the Saints.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
you need to have some extra guys on the OL for camp and since we may be cutting 1 or 2 or 3 :eek: of our current OLmen to sign the #1 UFA of them all in Kreutz, we got a big, warm body.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
speaking of the OL, we are also getting the latest ex-Raven in:

Dolphins | More On Searcy - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
15:24 PT: Updating an earlier story, the Sun Sentinel reports the Miami Dolphins will visit with free agent OT Leon Searcy (Ravens) this Thursday

I read they want Leon to move to OG

sounds like Perry and/or Dixon c/b gone as well
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
pretty good summary: unless R Edwards knee is totally shot, he has to be work a shot as the #3 guy so that we can finally dump JJJ. Anyone believe the JJJ will ever be any good ?
 

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,770
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Location
Arizona
I don't think JJJ has played enough to get good. He runs very hard, but with no vision. I would rather see Edwards come in and become "come back player of the year".
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Somehow I don't see Perry getting dropped because he did play through an injury all season long which has to say something about the guy. I have more of a feeling that they are bringing in Searcy (despite what the 'reporters' are saying) for his natural position LT. Think about it. We signed Spriggs to $650,000 base salary for this year and he was unproven then let alone an injury like his. If we get Searcy for the $450,000 new vet minimum then we'd be saving money tossing Spriggs and keep Spencer as the "just in case LT". Although Searcy is a big risk also.
 

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,770
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Location
Arizona
Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Somehow I don't see Perry getting dropped because he did play through an injury all season long which has to say something about the guy. I have more of a feeling that they are bringing in Searcy (despite what the 'reporters' are saying) for his natural position LT. Think about it. We signed Spriggs to $650,000 base salary for this year and he was unproven then let alone an injury like his. If we get Searcy for the $450,000 new vet minimum then we'd be saving money tossing Spriggs and keep Spencer as the "just in case LT". Although Searcy is a big risk also.
Your forgetting Brent Smith. Unless you mean Searcy being the number two guy at LT.

87
 

Blitz

The Big Zonk
Joined
Feb 24, 2002
Messages
8,208
Reaction score
6
Spriggs held up well against Jevon Kearse, in the Titans game prior to his injury.

I think he might have the Right Stuff to be our starter at LT.

It will be interesting to see how the LT situation pans out...
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Originally posted by dolfan87


Your forgetting Brent Smith. Unless you mean Searcy being the number two guy at LT.

87
No I am not forgetting Brent Smith. He's a definate cut unless you think the phins are going to keep an unproven guy coming off of injury in the final year of his contract with a base salary of 1.1 million.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by VanDolPhan
If we get Searcy for the $450,000 new vet minimum then we'd be saving money tossing Spriggs and keep Spencer as the "just in case LT". Although Searcy is a big risk also.
Folau is an UFA
 

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Joined
Sep 2, 2001
Messages
3,770
Reaction score
1
Age
48
Location
Arizona
Originally posted by VanDolPhan


No I am not forgetting Brent Smith. He's a definate cut unless you think the phins are going to keep an unproven guy coming off of injury in the final year of his contract with a base salary of 1.1 million.
No I don't think Miami will cut him. In fact I think unless we draft some super stud at LT, Smith will be our starter.

Searcy has been injured the last two years, and Smith is hardly unproven. He replaced Webb several times, and was very solid.

87
 
Top Bottom