Jamie Sharper

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Link?? I thought I heard he was going to Minnesota with his brother Darren Sharper.

EDIT: Yeah, I just heard it too. Don't have a link though.

Nublar7

Retired
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
painnotpleasure said:
Link?? I thought I heard he was going to Minnesota with his brother Darren Sharper.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2035781
The Seahawks beat out the Bengals and Jaguars to reach a five-year, $17.5 million agreement to sign former Texans linebacker Jamie Sharper, considered one of the best players still available.

Sharper, who will get a $1.5 million signing bonus, visited the Seahawks last Thursday and Friday but left without a deal and was in serious discussions with the Bengals. When he was with the Ravens as defensive coordinator, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis coached Sharper. In the end, Sharper decided the money and opportunity to play in Seattle were the best.

ItalianDolFan

Hammered
Reaction score
whoa whoa, this guy is getting 17 million for 5 years. Meaning he is getting about 2.5 million a year?? So many people on this board said we COULDNT afford this guy, and we signed guys like Holliday and Carter to 5 million dollar deals....Sharper wouldve came at 2.5 mil a year! Can u imagine if we got Sharper instead of Spragan??? Our defense would looked amazing!

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
ItalianDolFan said:
whoa whoa, this guy is getting 17 million for 5 years. Meaning he is getting about 2.5 million a year?? So many people on this board said we COULDNT afford this guy, and we signed guys like Holliday and Carter to 5 million dollar deals....Sharper wouldve came at 2.5 mil a year! Can u imagine if we got Sharper instead of Spragan??? Our defense would looked amazing!
You compare Sharper to Carter then say get Sharper instead of Spragan. Compare what we gave Spragan to what we gave Sharper. And Holliday isnt making 5 mill a year.

zephon

Active Roster
Reaction score
I never wanted sharper but I like his signing with seattle. I think the seasquaks could possibly cut Chad Brown now because of his contract. If that were to happen I'd be goign after Chad quickly. Even at his age he's the type of LB that....I think:).....Saban's looking for....basically big and strong and can still run a bit. I would think that because Brown is coming of an injury and his age he'd possibly come in on a two year deal...hopefully at about 1.5 mil (wishful thinking) which would be David Bowens salary slot...who we'd simply cut or try to trade for a 6th rounder.

just my thinking on it.

Finsfan13

Starter
Reaction score
I would have loved to see Jamie Sharper in a Dolphins uniform.

He's a performer.

Putting him next to Zach Thomas = the same lethal punch of Sharper and Ray Lewis for the SB Ravens.

afishfan

Hammered
Reaction score
Finsfan13 said:
I would have loved to see Jamie Sharper in a Dolphins uniform.

He's a performer.

Putting him next to Zach Thomas = the same lethal punch of Sharper and Ray Lewis for the SB Ravens.
If this guy is SOOOOO great why did Houston pay Greenwood more money than Shaper got, and let Sharper go?????????

Top Bottom