Jared Odrick to hit trade block? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jared Odrick to hit trade block?

i dont get why they dont think he can play 4-3 dt

Unless they know something we dont it would be a big mistake to trade him now. His value is not high and will not fetch a first or second round pick at this point unless u find a team that was infatuated with him in draft and there were not that many since he lasted through most of first round

I think more likely is that we trade big Paul. He's arguably at his max value, he's 29, he's a good 4-3 interior guy but a dominant 3-4 nose. We would resign Starks and kick Odrick inside full time.

Not saying it will happen, just that its more likely (and more sensible) than trading Odrick. Soliai had a ton of suitors when we resigned him. Someone will pay top dollar for him.

It does not make sense to me why a guy who is currently the 2nd best best pass rusher on the team especially playing inside we would consider trading especially on a team looking for pass rushers. Like every one is saying put the Odrick inside draft another outside pass rusher and be done. Of course I thought it was wrong to trade Vonte Davis on a team with a weak secondary but we did it. I am all about drafting better playerss etc but you do not get rid of current ones until you have their replacement in the fold. Brandon Marshall trade I accepted because he could be a big distraction but Vonte could be managed. Those 2 second rounders we'd burned on Marshall 4 years ago if used on wide recievers most likely would have produced a player close to his caliber on the team this year. Just goes to show you how the fans and media shouting for that quick fix end up creating a long term hole. Really we had the missing players in Marshall and Vonte at positions of need on the team at the beginning of the year last year which would have most likely gotten to the playoffs. This rebuilding with new coaches has killed this team since Shula left. Which at first is why I did not want to change coaches for changes sake last year but of course now it's proven Tony cannot coach its turned into a decent move so farnfrom that stand point just to bad the new guys did not stick with the old schemes while they slowly tooled the roster.

I really hope this is true and that they re-sign Randy Starks.

I agree with Armando Salguero in that the statements coming out of Kevin Coyle have indicated that they feel very perplexed about where and how to play Jared Odrick. They recognize he's not doing everything they want at defensive end yet they don't think he can play defensive tackle either.

I really hope this is true and that they re-sign Randy Starks.

I agree with Armando Salguero in that the statements coming out of Kevin Coyle have indicated that they feel very perplexed about where and how to play Jared the . They recognize he's not doing everything they want at defensive end yet they don't think he can play defensive tackle either.

Their evaluations are probably spot on since they see him every day but my question is why. Why can't Odrick play DT? He has the size and pass rushing experience. I think of the Giants and their pass rushers all across the DL. We need those type players at DT also. Why can't Odrick do this?

Their evaluations are probably spot on since they see him every day but my question is why. Why can't Odrick play DT? He has the size and pass rushing experience. I think of the Giants and their pass rushers all across the DL. We need those type players at DT also. Why can't Odrick do this?

He can play DT. He did it in college and played well against the best OLinemen that conference had to offer. He was quick inside and shot gaps to disrupt plays in the backfield. If they want him to play 2 gap technique....yeah, then i could see him struggle b/c that's not who he is. But he can definitely play DT. The guy has ability and is young AND cheap right now. It would be FOOLISH to get rid of him.

I thought he played very well on the inside in the 4-3.

People around here want to keep Odrick, kick him inside, and let Starks go...that is really stupid IMO. Let Odrick go....he sucks, and I don't want to hear, "he is better inside." They played him inside at times last year....he still sucked. Keep Starks and let Odrick walk. You can get the same production from any journeyman lineman out there. He was a complete waste of a 1st.

And also....no one is going to give us a second for this bust...he is giving 4th round output...

But odrik has ferocious hands, technique, yada yada yada.

"evaluators" fall in love with linemen so easily because it is easier to analyze them as opposed to skill players. It's an easy and safe pick.

Ireland has not struck on 1 1st rounder outside of Poucey

Odrick isn't being traded and he shouldn't be. He is a good, not great player so far and I think he will be kicked inside to DT if Starks walks in free agency. Odrick will be a better fit there.

I too am of this school of thought,Nublar, however there are reports that Miami is indeed negotiating with Starks. And with Ireland kinda saying in that interview that they've already drawn up the "board" on who they will attempt to keep and that trades are on the table...that if indeed Ireland does end up bringing Starks back to say insure the run defense doesn't suffer due to change that Odrick could very well be a potential player to use in a "TRADE UP" scenario to jump maybe back into the bottom of the 1st round for a player still available? Especially if they should re-sign Starks and then we see them pursue a Michael Johnson or Cliff Avril in FA too.

Yes, Odrick is still cheap and can rotate with both Starks inside and that Michael Johnson or Cliff Avril in a replacement role for McDaniel who would be allowed to walk in thos scenario, but we do have a rising Randall who can man McDaniel spot and Vernon rotating with Johnson or Avril and use Odrick to move back up for a player we may need ie a CB or WR? Idk.

I like the let Starks walk, move Odrick inside and pursue a Johnson or Avril too. But just thinking this could very well be a potential plan Ireland has.

If Starks is resigned AND Miami can get a second round pick for Odrick I am all in. DO IT.

Back
Top Bottom