Jarvis Landry won’t be taking a hometown discount to stay in Miami | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry won’t be taking a hometown discount to stay in Miami

Who Cares? So over Him and His Egotistical Self. Great Receiver....Yes. A Number 1?
Absolutely Not!!! He's another Odell (personality wise), and I feel He could care less if He plays for the Aqua/Orange or not.
Let Him walk. QB is our problem...not WR.
With Tannenbaum and Gase pullin the strings, I'll be shocked if they sign Him.
It's getting ugly, with Landry throwin darts.
I really think if they were going to sign Him, it'd have been done already. I feel very comfortable with Stills and Grant, and we'll get another in FA. Yes, I know alot will totally disagree with me...but that's what makes these boards fun.

His agent is being a dick. There are plenty of ways to leverage a good deal rather than blowing smoke and talking ****.

Catches mean absolutley nothing..

Come on... They aren't everything, and one WR having 100 and another having 80 could potentially not be a difference. But we're talking about 400 to 4. That's huge.

If a team is will to pay $17mm a year long-term for Landry...buh bye, if I’m running things.

Want a 4-year, 50mm contract with 35mm guaranteed? Ok. 9/13/13, 4th year option for 15. That’s about the max I’d go. And that’s generous.
Come on... They aren't everything, and one WR having 100 and another having 80 could potentially not be a difference. But we're talking about 400 to 4. That's huge.
You know hat else is huge, but doesnt really mean anything? Look at the number of rushing attempts between Drake and Ajayi before he got traded... Ajayi: 154 Drake:19 Huge!

Replace a guy who has 154 carries with a guy who only has 19... What could go wrong?

You know hat else is huge, but doesnt really mean anything? Look at the number of rushing attempts between Drake and Ajayi before he got traded... Ajayi: 154 Drake:19 Huge!

Replace a guy who has 154 carries with a guy who only has 19... What could go wrong?

Totally not the same thing. For one thing, a catch takes production from the WR. Litterally anyone can get a hand off. I hope you don't seriously think people use carries to track a RB in the same way they use catches to track a WRs production.

Also Drake actually showed potential with his limited snaps. And your number is totally wrong. He had 33 carries 2 years ago let alone this year...

i dont grudge any NFL player for getting as much money as they can, teary putting their body and brain on the line to entertain us and make billions for the owners....get that money while you can, who gives a **** how Mark Higgs is doing once he docent play for our team

Simply not worth more than 5 mill a year on a 1 year deal, a slow slot WR with an attitude problem.

Ask yourself, would the Pats sign such a guy except under a 1 year bargain basement deal? The Steelers?

I really do not like players that cause drama, and this is the Dolphin drama queen.
Bellicheat would let him go, but we are not the Patriots

He's also going to be in a new team

Ozzy rules!!

I really think they planned on re signing him and thus the no trade at the deadline but the last 2 games - him in Gase at it in KC and the Bills game gave the big pause. Just my 2 cents.

I really think they planned on re signing him and thus the no trade at the deadline but the last 2 games - him in Gase at it in KC and the Bills game gave the big pause. Just my 2 cents.
He is a very good player, but in my humble opinion not worth the money he is seeking. This offense tries to hard too force the short passes into him every game. Just think if we draft or get a FA WR in the offense and we spread the ball around more. This will be harder for defenses to pass defense. A upgrade at TE would help offset Jarvis leaving as well.

Last edited:
I doubt they would have gotten a discount ever. He wants to cash in. Good for him. Good bye.

He was a target of necessity. Some of his catches will be replaced by Drake. JTrain was never a good pass catcher. Get a decent TE and it reduces Landry's role dramatically. Landry is replaceable. He is not worth to get into yet another ridiculous contract we all will ***** about in a couple of years maybe even next year.

He is dumb as a doorknob. He probably hasn't finished reading the preseason playbook yet. And his attitude will hurt us more in the future. If he wants to cash in he better do it fast because the moment teams will realize what Miami knows (doesn't have the grasp of the entire playbook) his easy money making days will be over. He'll be ending up with Ginn's numbers one day: 3 years/11mill (3Mill guaranteed) and he will have to work hard for every penny.

The highlighted section has some very good points. I love Landry and would want nothing more than to keep him but if he is wanting top WR money Miami needs to let him go. It saddens me but Miami just cannot burden themselves with another large contract. The Suh contract should be a lesson. IMO unless you have a WR, TE, or RB who is a transcendent player... top 5 or 10 of all time ... you shouldn't pay them as one. Miami can have a great offense without Landry if they can build it correctly.

Back
Top Bottom