Jarvis Landry's agent puts deadline on extension talks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jarvis Landry's agent puts deadline on extension talks

Phinz1972

Make me a sammich
Reaction score
Jarvis Landry put a deadline on contract extension talks: The start of the 2017 season.

The agent for Dolphins' star receiver, Damarius Bilbo, told Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, that Landry won't hold out over a new contract, but also doesn't want to negotiate once the regular season begins.

"The ball is still in their court; we are happy to go into a fourth year healthy and eager to put another year in the books," Bilbo told Jackson.

"Why get mad over something that he signed as a four-year deal? It is what it is. There will be no ill will. He has never considered a holdout. He would never consider not getting better at football."

Full article here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...andrys-agent-puts-deadline-on-extension-talks

This is all that needs to be said about a deadline.

This is where we should point out that if Miami offered a massive contract extension to Landry's agent in the middle of November, we doubt he'd decline it simply because there was a fungible deadline put on the process in June.

Landry just needs to show up to work and give 100% and he will get paid one way or another.

Agent betting on the market value of Landy being through the roof, but Miami's FO thinks otherwise. Sounds like Kenny Stills 2.0. Guess we shall wait and see.

Saw this on NFL.com, I like what the agent said about the situation...no ultimatums, honoring his contract.....he is representing Landry proper.

I really don't see why the FO can't get this deal done...The guy is a stud and has been that way since he's been here...They say they want to keep the good guys here...I know it's all about the scratch...The team has the cap room to pay the guy...So get it done man..

I don't recall any talk that the Dolphins won't pay Landry. The front office is right to not air out their strategy in the media. It will get done.

Many people (this question came up in Dolphin's twitter people) believe Miami is waiting to see if Parker actually does something worth thinking about in regards to Landry and his contract. Landry has proven himself as a top "slot" receiver.

We will get a deal done, we may have to wait but he's not leaving.

if they let him walk, they need to take that "keep our best players, and build around them" saying and shove it. The guy has done nothing but play at a high level since he put on a uniform and is a huge part of our offense.

well i heard on the radio that he is looking to get paid like a top 12 WR...so i could understand why they are hesitant to dedicate that much money to a very good slot WR. I love landry but he is not a top 12 WR.

well i heard on the radio that he is looking to get paid like a top 12 WR...so i could understand why they are hesitant to dedicate that much money to a very good slot WR. I love landry but he is not a top 12 WR.

Hopefully, he signs for something around $12 million a yr. Not counting on it tho.

Seem to recall hearing that Jarvis wants and expects to be paid as a top 5 NFL WR. However, for all the excellent catches and yardage, he doesn't score many touchdowns. Yes, he is the best slot receiver in the game and he provides great inspiration but Miami want to see him lift his game further before paying absolute top 5 WR $.

A deal for him today will be cheaper than a deal for him next year.

Landry has his agent expressing a tremendous attitude. Let's not burn this bridge. Extend him before camp begins

Back
Top Bottom