Jason Allen and Hartline | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen and Hartline

Finland

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jason Allen is repeatedly costing us touchdowns. What the hell kind of fumble was that by Hartline. That was the real game changer, that was one embarrassing fumble basically tossing the ball up to the other team. Those are my two game notes. But I don't have solution to offer so really I should not speak.

I think the end of game end zone fumble by Pitts was the call they had to make given that idiot linesman called it a touchdown when he could not (and obviously did not) see a touchdown. Sad how Miami stood up with the ball which would be their ball in any other case.

I think Benny Sapp is more to blame than Allen. As for Hartline, he has really struggled for a while now and (just my opinion) it would be interesting to give Roberto Wallace more of a shot out there.

i dont think hartlines fumble was a game changer, it could have been but it wasnt. we are going to give up tds , just the way it is. but the secondary has to improve. i seen a stat where we are like 30th in the league for giving up plays of 21 yds or more. not good

i dont think hartlines fumble was a game changer, it could have been but it wasnt. we are going to give up tds , just the way it is. but the secondary has to improve. i seen a stat where we are like 30th in the league for giving up plays of 21 yds or more. not good

There have been a lot of bad plays by Allen and they cost us points. Just saying for Hartline that was an embarrassing loss of the football and did it not lead to points or is my memory that bad. I think it was huge. We lose possession and they get points.

That Hartline fumble was a kick in the nuts, for sure. I wanted to vomit as soon as he coughed up the football. And of course, the Steelers promptly stuck it in the end zone. That one hurt.

There have been a lot of bad plays by Allen and they cost us points. Just saying for Hartline that was an embarrassing loss of the football and did it not lead to points or is my memory that bad. I think it was huge. We lose possession and they get points.

im not defending the fumble. the steelers just had 2 embarassing fumbles(arent they all) prior to that. when you say game changing , i think of the whole flow of the game goes to the other team(ie den vs oak game today). i mean we had the lead w/ less than 3 minutes to go and the fumble was in the 1st quarter.

Actually, Allen played solid. I blame that TD on the safety who had the deep middle. There are very few CB's who could cover that WR for 40-50 yds. He ran a deep post and the CB is responsible for the deep sideline route. He needs to have S help on deep posts. On the replay it was clear that the safety reacted too slowly to the route as it developed.
Considering the speed of the WR he was recovering, he actually had pretty decent coverage.

The WR that burned Allen is one of the fastest in the league. Allen read the play backed off prior to the snap and went flat out just didn't have enough top end to cover the guy. If I recall he was also 1 on 1 with no safety covering deep.

Back
Top Bottom