Jason Allen projected as first pick? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen projected as first pick?

I hope he trades down, drafts Mangold, then drafts a DB or NT with that extra pick.

i like withner and hwat i ehar bout him

icephinfan said:
Jason Allen.....????

what are you talking about? Jason Allen is one of the best safeties in a long time. It looks like he recovered from that injury just fine. He is a great NFL prospect.
I think we could still get Allen if we were able to trade down 4-5 spots. I'd rather see us do that and get another pick.

By the way, I'm not at all surprised we're looking at a safety. One of the earliest rumors was that we wanted Cutler or Landry, LSU's safety. Since then we got Culpepper and Landry stayed for another year, so now we're looking at another atheltic safety that Saban should be very familiar with. No surprise at all.

Pocoloco said:
what are you talking about? Jason Allen is one of the best safeties in a long time. It looks like he recovered from that injury just fine. He is a great NFL prospect.
I think we could still get Allen if we were able to trade down 4-5 spots. I'd rather see us do that and get another pick.

By the way, I'm not at all surprised we're looking at a safety. One of the earliest rumors was that we wanted Cutler or Landry, LSU's safety. Since then we got Culpepper and Landry stayed for another year, so now we're looking at another atheltic safety that Saban should be very familiar with. No surprise at all.

Okay first off, I put ???? because I don't know much about him. So, calm down drink some water, it's okay. I just needed some info on him that's all.
If he is as good as you are saying then they should grab him, but we do need a solid safety, especially if Schulters doesn't come back.

Jason Allen is a big DB and fast with good hands. He would be projected as the 2nd best DB after Huff if not for the injury, but he looked great at the combine and looks real healthy. Saban knows the SEC landscape for the next 2 years, so look for him to bring in a lot SEC guys.

BigScuingili said:
Jason Allen is a big DB and fast with good hands. He would be projected as the 2nd best DB after Huff if not for the injury, but he looked great at the combine and looks real healthy. Saban knows the SEC landscape for the next 2 years, so look for him to bring in a lot SEC guys.

Was his injury bad?

icephinfan said:
Was his injury bad?
He partially dislocated his hip in the 5th game of the season against Georgia.
It didn't require surgery and he missed the rest of the season.
It wasn't as bad as Bo Jacksons injury, Bo completly dislocated his hip and it needed surgery.

phinfan_1 said:
He partially dislocated his hip in the 5th game of the season against Georgia.
It didn't require surgery and he missed the rest of the season.
It wasn't as bad as Bo Jacksons injury, Bo completly dislocated his hip and it needed surgery.

Wow, thanks for the info.

Allen is a legitimate top 10 pick pre the hip injury. Leonard Pope rolled up on him and his hip popped out and straight back in again. It ended his season and he came of crutches just before Christmas, started running in January and was the most athletic defensive back at the Combine that there's been in the previous 2 years.

How?

Crunching the numbers and he's the single most athletic DB there's been. His 40 was superb, short shuttle and gap between the 2 was off the charts.

He can play FS, can play corner, has great deep speed, stays with his receivers step for step, has great size and hits like a missile.

He'd be an outstanding pick at 16.

Boomer said:
Allen is a legitimate top 10 pick pre the hip injury. Leonard Pope rolled up on him and his hip popped out and straight back in again. It ended his season and he came of crutches just before Christmas, started running in January and was the most athletic defensive back at the Combine that there's been in the previous 2 years.

How?

Crunching the numbers and he's the single most athletic DB there's been. His 40 was superb, short shuttle and gap between the 2 was off the charts.

He can play FS, can play corner, has great deep speed, stays with his receivers step for step, has great size and hits like a missile.

He'd be an outstanding pick at 16.

how does he tackle? how does he compare to whitner? btw faster then him by a bit correct?

SR 7 said:
how does he tackle? how does he compare to whitner? btw faster then him by a bit correct?
Allen is a very good tackler. So much so that in the past he has hurt himself doing so. Allen is 6-1 210 and Whitner is 5-10 204. At the combine, Allen ran a 4.39 40 with a short shuttle time of 3.81. Whitner ran a 4.40 40 at the combine and ran reportedly between 4.28 and 4.37 at his pro day.

Back
Top Bottom