Jason Avant | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Avant

Jason Avant is more of a possession type receiver, someone whom you would bring in on 3rd down or send across the middle. He is more quick (4.19 short shuttle) than fast (4.80 40 at his pro day). He'll probably be a late 2nd day draft pick or even a FA.

Geforce said:
Jason Avant is more of a possession type receiver, someone whom you would bring in on 3rd down or send across the middle. He is more quick (4.19 short shuttle) than fast (4.80 40 at his pro day). He'll probably be a late 2nd day draft pick or even a FA.

he is more and likely going to be a 2nd day pick probably around the 4th-5th range. i wouldnt mind avant but i dont see it happening.

Good receiever . . . nice hands and great route running. Would be a nice replacement for Booker if we dumped his salary.

Marty Booker gets a very bad rap on this website for reasons that escape me. Avant is too slow to be anything other than a 3/4.

Seen ALOT of him here in Big10 country, and really, too much... HUGE surprise at the 4.8... Plays so much faster.
Never the main man at UM, but will be a quality pro IMO.
Great 2nd day investment

UncleDouble said:
Seen ALOT of him here in Big10 country, and really, too much... HUGE surprise at the 4.8... Plays so much faster.
Never the main man at UM, but will be a quality pro IMO.
Great 2nd day investment
Like I said, he's more quick than fast. Kinda like Jim Jensen or even O.J. McDuffie.

The rap Booker gets isn't always warranted, but after having that great season and getting that HUGE deal, he hasn't really lived up to it, especially since his injury. It's not that Booker is a bad player, just that i think he is replaceable if his salary was needed to be taken off the books.

Being a Michigan fan I have seen a lot of him. I would compare him as to having a upside about the same as a Bobby Ingram. He has great hands and runs good routes. He just don't have that great athletic ability to be a 1 or 2 Wr. At the end of the year Mich. Started to go to true Fr. Mario Manningham more and more because of this, that is a guy to keep an eye on but he still has 2 years of college left.

Back
Top Bottom