Jason Kidd asks Nets to Trade him | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Kidd asks Nets to Trade him

Kwame is horrible. Dummy cant even set a pick right for Kobe. Like 4x in the fourth quarter tonight Kobe just waved him away or he was called for a moving pick.

Indeed. Makes me wish we had Bynum even more. And how we traded Caron Butler for him is beyond me.

I said this a few years ago and I'll say it again:

Rob Thorn would be the dumbest GM in the association if he doesn't move both Jason Kidd & Vince Carter, and move them fast. It's time for the Nets to rebuild and let the young guys - Marcus Williams, Antoine Wright, Josh Boone - gain some experience. Obviously they'd be a horrific team for the next 2-3 years, but you're almost guaranteed to get a ton of young talent and/or draft picks when trading Kidd & Carter, and the talent pool is already at least half-decent (also, consider Richard Jefferson is only 27 and having a career year). I mean, what's the point?

Unless you can get a proven big man for Kidd, then there's no point in keeping Carter either.

Well Rod Thorn is no moron, actually probably one of if not the best GMs in basketball.. Can't blame him for this teams falters right now, they just aren't putting it together on the court. He isn't going to the lakers, b/c all the nets wanted out of the lakers was Bynum, and he won't get traded, or can't get traded b/c he is hurt. Maybe he will go to Dallas, or Phoenix. As we all know you never get an equal trade back for a superstar, so we will just have to wait and see how this plays out...

Why should the Nets be looking to win now? Kidd was right in saying that it was a failed experiment. They weren't going to win anything with the team currently assembled and certainly aren't going to win if Kidd is dumped. They've drafted well over the last few years.....its time to start the youngsters and see if they can play.

That's what they want, either an old expiring contracts and young players and draft picks.

A trade for Kidd will most likely need to be a three-team deal. I think Dallas will get him, but I don't think the Mavs will give up Josh Howard, and if they give up Devin Harris, the gap in salary (about $16 million) will be too big to swallow. The Mavs don't have anywhere near enough expiring contracts to make that work, and the Nets would be foolish to take on a bunch of long-term contracts at this point. Hell, they might as well keep Kidd for another year and a half, and let the contract come off their cap.

So a third team with cap room will need to be involved, and said team will need to be compensated for taking a bunch of crappy salaries with some draft picks and/or talent. And that's going to be a pain in the rear.

All told, I don't think it's a certainty that they'll trade Kidd.

They are starting the youngsters..Boone and Sean Williams have played well. But Sean Williams isnt ready to play 30 mins a night because he fouls too much. Theyd be a contender in the east if they could get a PF who could play 35 mins a night and just throw in Marcus Williams at PG. Carter and Jefferson are both good for 20 a night and if you figure adequate production from Marcus Williams and a good scoring/defending PF theyre as good as any team in the east this side of Boston/Detroit

You don't find the two statements to be contradicting one another? The best possible scenario has the Nets becoming the third best team in the East. Whats the point in that? I know GMs always hate to admit failure, but the Carter deal was a lousy one and its going to be tough to get rid of. He needs to swallow his pride and dump the trio for whatever he can get.

The New Jersey Nets are in serious negotiations with the Dallas Mavericks and Portland Trail Blazers about a blockbuster three-way trade that would send Jason Kidd to the Mavericks, league sources said Wednesday afternoon.

In the proposed trade, Dallas and Portland would send the Nets a package that includes the Mavs' Devean George and Jerry Stackhouse and Blazers forwards Travis Outlaw and Channing Frye and guard Jarrett Jack.

Mavericks point guard Devin Harris would be sent to Portland. Along with Kidd, the Nets would send reserve forward Malik Allen and center Jamaal Magloire to Dallas.

The Nets would also receive at least one future No. 1 pick and cash. It's expected that New Jersey would work a buyout with Stackhouse and allow him to be a free agent. Other players could be included to balance the exchange of contracts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...B?slug=aw-kiddtrade013008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

You don't find the two statements to be contradicting one another? The best possible scenario has the Nets becoming the third best team in the East. Whats the point in that? I know GMs always hate to admit failure, but the Carter deal was a lousy one and its going to be tough to get rid of. He needs to swallow his pride and dump the trio for whatever he can get.
Not at all. the 3rd best team in a conference has a chance to get to the nba finals. Its tough cause you will likely have to go through the 2 and the 1 team, but it can be done.

For the record, I felt the carter move was a mistake as well because he and Jefferson are duplicate players. But I wouldnt be at all shocked if one of them was moved as well in a separete deal.

The New Jersey Nets are in serious negotiations with the Dallas Mavericks and Portland Trail Blazers about a blockbuster three-way trade that would send Jason Kidd to the Mavericks, league sources said Wednesday afternoon.

In the proposed trade, Dallas and Portland would send the Nets a package that includes the Mavs' Devean George and Jerry Stackhouse and Blazers forwards Travis Outlaw and Channing Frye and guard Jarrett Jack.

Mavericks point guard Devin Harris would be sent to Portland. Along with Kidd, the Nets would send reserve forward Malik Allen and center Jamaal Magloire to Dallas.

The Nets would also receive at least one future No. 1 pick and cash. It's expected that New Jersey would work a buyout with Stackhouse and allow him to be a free agent. Other players could be included to balance the exchange of contracts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...B?slug=aw-kiddtrade013008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
wow whatta joke, travis outlaw is definatlly not getting traded, if we traded outlaw, we would have to get back more than harris...i want harris but thats to spendy

I dont know why they Jailblazers will be involve. They dont need to do anything but get experience. For the record yes I think the Jailblazer have pretty good young squad and should do some noise pretty soon if Oden isnt a bust.

wow whatta joke, travis outlaw is definatlly not getting traded, if we traded outlaw, we would have to get back more than harris...i want harris but thats to spendy

Outlaw's a nice player, Channing Frye's a nice big off the bench, and Jarrett Jack isn't a bad point guard, but if you can package those guys and get one of the best young point guards in the league, you do it 10 out of 10 times. Outlaw is a good player, but Martell Webster's a small forward, too, and he fits the team's long-term plans much better than Outlaw does anyway.

Long term, you've got Oden and Aldridge in the frontcourt, with Roy at the 2. Pairing Roy and Harris gives the Blazers a very athletic backcourt, with two guys who are very good at getting to the rim, and both are very good distributors. Oden and Aldridge are both good low post scorers with range out to 12 or 15 feet. All you need is a guy to stretch the defense with long range shooting, which happens to be Webster's long suit. Webster's still very young, and the more minutes he gets now, the better he'll be next year. And despite their good play, it's next year (and several years after) that's Portland's focus.

I think Portland makes out really well in this trade. And quite honestly, I'm not sure I'd do it if I were the Mavs. I don't think that Kidd is so much better than Harris at this point that it justifies this deal. Harris has a better PER this year, and defensively, Harris makes more sense for the Mavs than Kidd, since the Western Conference tends to feature quicker point guards than the East.

I forget the people involved, but I was actually hearing that Cleveland might be the front-runner in this merry-go-round now..Anybody have any more insight?

Any Jason Kidd trade should have been made 2 years ago. No way I am moving Devin Harris for Jason Kidd.

Outlaw's a nice player, Channing Frye's a nice big off the bench, and Jarrett Jack isn't a bad point guard, but if you can package those guys and get one of the best young point guards in the league, you do it 10 out of 10 times. Outlaw is a good player, but Martell Webster's a small forward, too, and he fits the team's long-term plans much better than Outlaw does anyway.

Long term, you've got Oden and Aldridge in the frontcourt, with Roy at the 2. Pairing Roy and Harris gives the Blazers a very athletic backcourt, with two guys who are very good at getting to the rim, and both are very good distributors. Oden and Aldridge are both good low post scorers with range out to 12 or 15 feet. All you need is a guy to stretch the defense with long range shooting, which happens to be Webster's long suit. Webster's still very young, and the more minutes he gets now, the better he'll be next year. And despite their good play, it's next year (and several years after) that's Portland's focus.

I think Portland makes out really well in this trade. And quite honestly, I'm not sure I'd do it if I were the Mavs. I don't think that Kidd is so much better than Harris at this point that it justifies this deal. Harris has a better PER this year, and defensively, Harris makes more sense for the Mavs than Kidd, since the Western Conference tends to feature quicker point guards than the East.

What about Darius Miles? Is he still in Portland? What a bust he has been.

Dude, Harris has a ton of upside, I agree 100 percent, but right now he isn't on Jason Kidd's level, even at 34. Jason Kidd will make any team better. Look what he's done for the Nets franchise since he's been there. Jason Kidd is a triple double just waiting to happen. I think this deal works for everyone except the Nets. I just don't understand what the Nets are getting out of the deal. Their not getting a star, their not getting a lottery pick (if Portland makes the playoffs), so I don't really understand what the Nets get except for cap relief. I like this deal for the Mavs though. They get Kidd, and you can take it to the bank that their not going home in the first round again, even if they have to re-match Golden State!

Back
Top Bottom