Jason Strowbridge has signed his contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Strowbridge has signed his contract

North Carolina had 3 players I read about, early last CFB season, on their roster, that were thought to be NFL prospects. Strowbridge was one of them. He surprised me with how athletic he was during Senior Bowl practices. Love this kid. I think he's got a chance to make a nice niche for himself in the NFL.

Good! Now let's get him started learning our incredibly complex and demanding defense!

If there's an underrated guy among our draft picks (doubtful honestly), it might be this guy. Jason Strowbridge has ability, and I don't think it was developed properly at UNC. Also, they asked him to do things that did not play to his strengths. So with some development and using him correctly, he could become a good player, in the mold of a Davon Godchaux type of role player/utility guy.

Strowbridge is a Coach Flo type, he is smart enough to learn the defense, willing enough to fill multiple roles even if they do not suit him, and committed enough to give his all. IMHO, we are the perfect destination for Strowbridge, who can set the edge, rush, and occasionally even drop into coverage to confuse young QB's. His versatility allows a DC to move a guy like Kyle Van Noy around effortlessly. Yes, Strowbridge is a DE, not a LB, but he has the ability to flex into multiple roles fairly well. I'm excited for this kid, who has a real opportunity here.

Before the draft I said we shouldn't get a DL early, because the value was later in the draft, to find a guy like Godchaux who could contribute. Well, this is exactly that type of pick, and one of the reasons I liked the value here.

Last edited:
I thinks it's quite possible we get 7-8 contributors this season

from the '20 draft. This kid Strowbridge being one of them.

Probably only 2 (maybe 3) "starters" from this group in '20

but lots of contributions with oodles of upside (developmental

potential) going forward. To eventually get 7-8 starters out of this draft

is a legit possibility IMO.

True Story!

Interesting prospects we‘ve added up front with Davis, Strowbridge and Weaver.

I can see him getting some inside sub rush. Over a guard. Everything I’ve seen vs a tackle on the edge or in space hes nullified rather easily.

I can see him getting some inside sub rush. Over a guard. Everything I’ve seen vs a tackle on the edge or in space hes nullified rather easily.
I actually like this pick. I think with our scheme he can he sneaky good. Got the ideal body and heavy hands Flores likes.

Back
Top Bottom