Jason Taylor Named AFC Defensive Player Of The Month | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Taylor Named AFC Defensive Player Of The Month

Muck, there's holding on nearly every play in the league. That's just one more thing D players have to overcome.

I know it's hard to fathom but JT had a bad game against Buffalo. I'm not saying Jennings played great against him, JT just didn't seem to play great that day. It happens.

It's a nice award for JT to win, he's a terrific young DLineman who should get better with more games under his belt. He just has to bring it on every down.

no doubt....holding is just part of playing the game. In fact in JHS and then HS we had coaches that taught little ways to hold without it really seeming like anyone was holding ( if that makes sense),in fact alot of it is you keep moving your feet. As for a bad game???...Nah..not really alot of plays were away from JT and Bledsoe is pretty smart. I don't think Taylor had a bad game so much as he was heavily taken into account in the Bill's coaching scheme...just my opinion,though

Originally posted by RobertHoover
I know it's hard to fathom but JT had a bad game against Buffalo. I'm not saying Jennings played great against him, JT just didn't seem to play great that day. It happens.

Bad game? Your whole offense was schemed to stay away from him and it shows with 5 sacks from everyone else.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Bad game? Your whole offense was schemed to stay away from him and it shows with 5 sacks from everyone else.

No it really wasn't Van. I know it's hard to believe but players can have off days.

It happens.

Hoover, you can honestly say that the Bills didn't scheme for Taylor in that game? If they didn't then they have the stupidest bunch of coaches EVER. Since the Jets staff holds that distinction, it is obvious the Bills planned a lot of their offense on stopping Taylor and allowing others to bring the pain. The fact that 5 sacks were had that weren't attributed to Taylor shows where their emphasis is. In fact I am willing to say that at least 3 of those sacks could be attributed to Taylor as they clearly looked to keep him away from Drew and pretty much ignored the other guys. Come on pull your head out of your naughty spot and join the rest of us in reality.

I'm not saying the Bills didn't scheme against Taylor but every team does and Taylor has had great days against other teams.

I'm not taking anything away from Taylor. As I said in this thread I think he's one of the best DLineman in the NFL and would love him on my team. I just don't think he was at his best two weeks ago, thats all.

I'm not saying the Bills didn't scheme against Taylor but every team does and Taylor has had great days against other teams.

I'm not taking anything away from Taylor. As I said in this thread I think he's one of the best DLineman in the NFL and would love him on my team. I just don't think he was at his best two weeks ago, thats all.

There is no way you can not say he wasn't schemed for. Sure he had an average day but they definately had a lot of focus on him. The rest of our line isn't exactly known for their sack prowess. Our best sack # guys after J.T is Chester with 3 (1 and a half against the Bills) and Burnett with 2.5 (1 against the Bills).

Heck you even let Zach have a sack and he's only had 10.5 (1 against Buffalo) sacks over 7 years.

It was there. It was also smart of the Bills. While we got those sacks we weren't overly consistent enough to force Bledsoe into mistakes.

Muck, there's holding on nearly every play in the league. That's just one more thing D players have to overcome.

It's a nice award for JT to win, he's a terrific young DLineman who should get better with more games under his belt. He just has to bring it on every down.

God you're arrogant. Typical Florida Gator fan. You can't see the forest for the trees.

Again, JT didn't have a bad game. You guys gameplanned for him and avoided him. Just good coaching.

.....and I can't believe you accused JASON TAYLOR of all people of not bringing it on every down. That statement right there just killed whatever shred of credibility you had on this board.

Back
Top Bottom