jason taylor over rated? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jason taylor over rated?

jason taylor

• Still one of the best DE's in NFL

Votes: 89 94.7%
  • Good, but he is slowly winding down

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • he's washed up. throw him to the curb!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

musk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Miami, FL going to school in Champaign, IL
is jason taylor begining the downslop of his carrer? i know it is hard to imagine and i dont want to believe it. but that is becoming the word on the street. i agree with it a little. yes, he isnt the dominant pass rusher as he used to be but he still demands a double team and for that sake alone he is still a noteable DE.

what do you guys think? is he slowly winding down or is still a major force in the NFL?

Still a DOMINANT force. Top 3 DE in the entire league without a doubt. You think they say we have the best pass rushing tandem in the league because of Ogunleye? He's good, but Taylor's the reason we're great at that. Just LOOK at my avatar!

Never even hint that Taylors on his downside! :fire:

Taylor is still a dominant force, and is only a year removed from a spectacular season and had a good year last year. Taylor seems to me to make more plays than can actually show up on a stat sheet, he certainly changes the game.

Anyone who thinks taylor is overrated is as dumb(football wise) as hikeman30 from the jets site.

I post this with all due respect to the GangGreen, I happen to be an advid poster there and actually have respect for a number of members, however, Hikeman is a Grade A piece of work.

His latest thread, entitled "Super Bowl talk starting NOW!!" is at a forum near you.....

"I think we have had a marvelous off-season and a grade A draft and it is probabaly time (from a national media stance) to start looking at the Jets as definte SB contenders (arguably favorites). The more I look at our schedule and the more I look at our rostr we have probwoers and allpro's littered throughout Hempstaead. On Offense I see:

Chad P, Curtis Martin, Sanatan Moss, Justin Mcareins, Kevin Mawae as DEFINITE Probowlers. I think Kareem Mckenize is a very close pro bowl alternate.

On defense I see: Dewayne R, Elliis, Abrhaam, Barret, Jon Vilma, and Eric barton as probowl definites. Reggie Tongu is a very close maybe.

I think we have a team that could easily win the East IF the referees don't give the GD Pats 5 or 6 games again. I think we all need to start to prepare to be int he national limelight as the meida will start to be all over our jocks soon. I for one am ready. This is a SB campagn guys. I think many here have been soured by many years of Jets futility and are not realizing that we are on the verge of a major NFL dominating campaign. I can F-in wait.

Thoughts??
"

Why is thread started every month? Taylors' stats speak for themself. Not to mention the stats of every DE that has lined up on the other side of JT. Wow he had 12 sacks last year that is horrible...psss. 99% of the DEs in the leaue would kill for those numbers. Then if you are a true football fan you would realize that in the past 2 seasons not only did he post 30 sacks but got at least 80 tackles, a bunch of forced fumbles, fumble recoverys, and a few TDs. Not many DEs ever have been such a force rushing the passer, and are able to stop the run and screen passes as he does. Let me go back to what his counter parts did on the other side of the line. First Trace recorded what 16 sacks playing with JT he hasn't come near that number in his combined seasons since leaving the Dolphins. Mixon and Bromell each got 7 sharing time, Minn is kicking themselves for giveing them big money. Then O-Gun an undrafted rookie puts up almost 30 sacks in two years. Please stop these threads JT is a top 5 DE in this league no question.

When position and player are taken into consideration, Jason Taylor is the best player we have on the team.

How is that for an answer?

Pigskin Pimp said:
I post this with all due respect to the GangGreen, I happen to be an advid poster there and actually have respect for a number of members, however, Hikeman is a Grade A piece of work.

His latest thread, entitled "Super Bowl talk starting NOW!!" is at a forum near you.....

"I think we have had a marvelous off-season and a grade A draft and it is probabaly time (from a national media stance) to start looking at the Jets as definte SB contenders (arguably favorites). The more I look at our schedule and the more I look at our rostr we have probwoers and allpro's littered throughout Hempstaead. On Offense I see:

Chad P, Curtis Martin, Sanatan Moss, Justin Mcareins, Kevin Mawae as DEFINITE Probowlers. I think Kareem Mckenize is a very close pro bowl alternate.

On defense I see: Dewayne R, Elliis, Abrhaam, Barret, Jon Vilma, and Eric barton as probowl definites. Reggie Tongu is a very close maybe.

I think we have a team that could easily win the East IF the referees don't give the GD Pats 5 or 6 games again. I think we all need to start to prepare to be int he national limelight as the meida will start to be all over our jocks soon. I for one am ready. This is a SB campagn guys. I think many here have been soured by many years of Jets futility and are not realizing that we are on the verge of a major NFL dominating campaign. I can F-in wait.

Thoughts??
"

Don't Jests fans think this every year? :roflmao: Hope springs eternal. Thanks for the laugh.

As for Jason Taylor, last season was a fluke, the new defensive additions getting into a groove.
I think he'll be racking sacks again.

You must be joking...you can't be serious!!

musk said:
is jason taylor begining the downslop of his carrer? i know it is hard to imagine and i dont want to believe it. but that is becoming the word on the street. i agree with it a little. yes, he isnt the dominant pass rusher as he used to be but he still demands a double team and for that sake alone he is still a noteable DE.

what do you guys think? is he slowly winding down or is still a major force in the NFL?

:nono:

I think people read to much into the word on the street expecially during slow times in the off season. The WORD on the street is that the WISH THEY HAS JASON TAYLOR ON THEIR TEAM. He still has a lot of fuel in the tank. I say he has anothe breakout year this year and leads the NFL in sacks.

jesusfreak26 said:
I think people read to much into the word on the street expecially during slow times in the off season. The WORD on the street is that the WISH THEY HAS JASON TAYLOR ON THEIR TEAM. He still has a lot of fuel in the tank. I say he has anothe breakout year this year and leads the NFL in sacks.
you took the words right out of my mouth taylor is the best de in the league :D

I agree he's the best DE in the league. If Ogun gets signed to eliminate double teaming him, he could get close to 20 sacks this year. JT is still younger than Strahan was when he turned in his best season.

Pigskin Pimp said:

Thoughts?? "
.........:roflmao: OMG tht was good quality stuff! Havent laughed like tht in years! Curtis MArtin is a DEFINATE Pro-Bowler....?He just lost all credibility right there. He didnt make it the last few years, only got older, and is expecting more handoffs to Lamont Jordan...tht doesnt quite add up to pro-bowl usuallym. justin McCariens is not lookin at Pro-Bowl unless he has a breakout year in a big way. All of the others r questionable, seeing as Chad will actually have to stay healthy to make it. Mawe seems the only one pretty sure to go in.

On defence, it just gets better. Dewayne Robertson is comming off one of the most dissapointing rookie seasons u could imagine. To think hell go from what looked like bust to pro-bowl is absurd. The AFC has too many great CBs for Abraham to be a definite. Barret, and Barton both all young with upside but pro-bowl isnt likeley considering there so many better LBs. Vilmas a rookie...enuff said, Suggs didnt make it with double digit sacks, i dont see Vilma making tht mark.

Obviously the Jets do have a chance at making the SB, but its not very big. And to call them favorties in a division were they very well COULD end up 4th in the division is ridiculous. Pats,Colts,Cheifs are probably considered the top 3 favs(i dont nessacarily agree, but in general.)

About the JT on the decline talks....i think a:roflmao: is an adequte response.

Back
Top Bottom