Jay Ajayi #69 on NFL Top 100 Players | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Ajayi #69 on NFL Top 100 Players

http://www.nfl.com/network/top100

That's pretty good. Wake obviously respected around the league and looks like Ajayi is gaining respect as well. You can click on their names in the link for highlight videos. I wonder if Miami will have any more players make the list.

I believe Wake wasn't even ranked last year. Suh and Landry will definitely be ranked.

I'm hoping Landry gets the respect he deserves and appears. I think he will.

But Suh was a monster. IMHO, this may have been as good of a season as he has ever had. He was absolutely dominant, despite our defense not being very good. We definitely underperformed for the talent we had. But, Suh was insanely disruptive and very good generating pass rush. Extremely good against the run. And my ultimate metric is that he played a phenomenal amount of snaps for a guy as big and old as he is ... and he never took a down off. He never got injured. Suh absolutely earned his paycheck, big as it is. I think Suh should be in the top 10 based on performance. But, based on our defense's productivity, I'm certain he will not be voted into one of those spots this year. But make no mistake about it. Suh was probably the very best DT in the NFL last year. Only Aaron Donald was really in that discussion with Suh for me.

We have pieces. Reshad Jones isn't going to make it because he was out injured most of the year, but talent-wise he definitely deserves to be in the top 100 as well. Player voted things like the top 100 or the Pro Bowl are kinda cheesey. Half of it is ability and the other half is popularity and reputation. The problem is that we can't really get good analysis. Coaches don't see enough of the teams they don't play. Sports writers are always homers ... unless they live in Miami, where several love to hate local. So whether it's the NFL top 10 lists of stuff or the player voted top 100 ... all this stuff is biased. In the end, we've watched our team, and we know who is good and who isn't. It may not be so easy to compare to other teams, because we can't watch every team as in depth as we do the Dolphins, but it doesn't take a list like this to make us respect the good players like Landry, Suh, Jones, etc. Those guys are good. And no NFL Network TV special is going to change that.

Back
Top Bottom