Jay Cutler? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler?

ChaozFilms

It aint over till Queen Latifah sings!
Reaction score
Now it seems almost a lock that we'll have Daunte Culpepper, Joey Harrington, and Cleo Lemon as our 3 QB's next year...we still have the 16th pick in the draft...and to top it all off Jay Cutler seems to be falling on the boards because of all the free agency QB movements...2 months ago people were slurping up Jay Cutler and wanted him in Miami really bad. If he falls to us at 16th would it be worth taking him? Or do we pass up on him and draft someone like Omar Jacobs later on and fill one of our other needs with the 16th overall pick?

I think there's no way we draft any QB in the first round. Our lack of picks sort of locks us in to taking the BPA that can fill a need.(lb, wr, s, ol, etc) If we didn't already have Lemon I'd say it was possible.

No way we take Cutler

There is absolutely no way we should take Jay Cutler in the draft or even a quarterback in general this draft. We now have a pro bowl quarterback in his prime, a first round selection with a few years worth of starts under his belt and a guy with some potential as a third string. We have other needs that we must fill this year for now and the future first. We will have Harrington for a 2 year deal and Culpepper for a long time therefore we can look to this next year for a replacement for Harrington if needed or in the future. We need to look for either an olb, db, wr, and ol in this draft to best help us now and in the future. So far I am very excited with the deal Saban has made

If Jay is the best available athlete I would...

but I don't think they will and I there will be better scenarios out there for them. Maybe a trade down or a slip of one of the previously thought top picks.

I think if we land Harrington we'd probably pass, however.... IF Cutler is the BPA and what Saban considers a "value pick" then I think Saban and Mueller nab him.

the only QBs they would consider taking in the first have to be Leinhart and V.Young.. it would take an act of god for either of them to make it out of the top 10, forget to 16..

for the record, i would love to have him as our qb of the future, but i think we would trade the pick to minny. Word has it they are desperate for a new young qb to groom in culpepper's absence. We could probably get a fourth and their #17 and not effectively lose out on whoever our real prospect at #16 was. However, if they call our bluff and refuse to trade up... who knows? We might have to grab him.

i see cutler falling to #13 and baltimore takes him.think about it,leinart to titans,young to raiders,the cardinals will take winston justice because they need help for edge and last year they had the best passing offense with kurt warner so then the ravens will definately take cutler

If we had a shot at Jay Cutler at 16, I'd take Culpepper, Harrington and Lemon all to the bus station myself. Sadly, it looks like the Washout Express is making ALL it's final stops in Dolphin Stadium. (Sigh)

If we get Joey Harrington then i say no we shouldnt take him. We dont have but like 3 or 4 picks in this years draft so we dont want to draft players for depth. If some how the Harrington trade doesnt work out, then maybe they should consider picking him just b/c they need QB who can play while Culpepper is in rehab.

Tailgun said:
If we had a shot at Jay Cutler at 16, I'd take Culpepper, Harrington and Lemon all to the bus station myself. Sadly, it looks like the Washout Express is making ALL it's final stops in Dolphin Stadium. (Sigh)

Lol yea Culpepper is a washout and Cutler has proved so ,hmmm, oh yea not a damn thing.

NickJr. said:
I think there's no way we draft any QB in the first round. Our lack of picks sort of locks us in to taking the BPA that can fill a need.(lb, wr, s, ol, etc) If we didn't already have Lemon I'd say it was possible.

BINGO! Couldn't say it any better myself. I'm positive that is exactly Nick's first round strategy.

Back
Top Bottom