Jay Cutler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler

I think we have seen the real Slim Shady with Cutler. I don't see why Gase is so enamored with him! It's not as if Chicago was winning championship after championship with Cutler. I strongly believe that Moore gives the dolphins the best chance to win not Cutler!

Cutler started to get aggravated with his teammates not lining up right. It was probably his poor direction that was to blame, but I can see Cutler turning on the team and pouting and trashing the season. I see the OL not blocking good for him and he'll bet out of football before mid season so Moore will probably play significant time. Sucks that Tannehill didn't have the surgery last year, but it is what it is. Teams too old, time to reset and get the rookies some play time.

I think we have seen the real Slim Shady with Cutler. I don't see why Gase is so enamored with him! It's not as if Chicago was winning championship after championship with Cutler. I strongly believe that Moore gives the dolphins the best chance to win not Cutler!
To be brutally honest, I don't think either Moore or Cutler gives us a good chance to win. I think both are pedestrian
Moore is a career back up and Cutler just plain looks like he is there for the payday and would rather be retired.

He played like garbage. The whole team played like garbage. On to the next week. I know things looks bad right now, and trust me, Im well aware of the flaws, but some weird things going on in the NFL this year. Well probably bounce back and get to 8-8.
He was just plain awful today.
He looked like he did not want to be on the field.
We will see in future weeks if this was just one game or this is the real Jay Cutler.

Its the real Jay Cutler. It is what he is, it's not a single game, its a career of inconsistency.

but but cutler is better than moore, look at moore's stats last year pre the 2 ints vs pitt and tell me that, guy was moving the offense quite well, he was our backup, and he didn't cost 10 mil extra....sigh... people just want popular players, not the best players for us, dancing with the dolphins...

Cutler started to get aggravated with his teammates not lining up right. It was probably his poor direction that was to blame, but I can see Cutler turning on the team and pouting and trashing the season. I see the OL not blocking good for him and he'll bet out of football before mid season so Moore will probably play significant time. Sucks that Tannehill didn't have the surgery last year, but it is what it is. Teams too old, time to reset and get the rookies some play time.

For the record its pretty clear the receivers were disgusted with Cutler too. Not that they did any favors by failing to come down with the ball that hit them, but through three quarters there was still scarcely a ball that was thrown at the right time in the right place.

This team rides and dies with Ajayi no matter who’s at the Qb position, whether that be Tannehill, Cutler, or Moore. Plus that Oline played god awful today.
Tannehill and Morre have nothing to do with this loss. Jays ball placement was god awful today, the jets didn't fear jay at all.

The Jay Fiedler comparison is actually spot on. The trade off is mobility for arm strength.

Maybe not so much for what they offer as players, but just the shakiness that you get when being forced into watching them run the offense. They're equally frustrating QBs to watch waste away elite skill player talent. I'll never forgive Wanny for allowing Fiedler to waste away Chris Chambers' potential dominating prime.

Never realized how much I truly love Ryan Tannehill. Like has been replaced with love. Fast forward a year of my life as a football fan.

The Jay Fiedler comparison is actually spot on. The trade off is mobility for arm strength.

They're both equally frustrating QBs to watch waste away elite skill player talent. I'll never forgive Wanny for allowing Fiedler to waste away Chris Chambers' potential dominating prime.

Chris Chambers was what he was, he was a highlight reel player but so was Brandon Lloyd.

It’s pretty simple really. The jets had him rattled and Cutler rattles easily. O-line failed miserably today. Last week they Neutralized Chargers pass rush and had a run game. Complete opposite this week.

Never been a fan of Cutler and this was taking poor QB play to another level. Even on plays when he had a clean pocket threw stepping and leaning backward. On rolling out with no within 5 yards he wouldn't plant his feet to get any juice or accuracy. Seems to play AFRAID. Last second TD pass will skew statistics to how bad he actually played.

I at least thought Cutler would be willing to take some shots deep down field. I was wrong. Throwing up 50/50 balls to Parker are really 90/10 balls.

but but cutler is better than moore, look at moore's stats last year pre the 2 ints vs pitt and tell me that, guy was moving the offense quite well, he was our backup, and he didn't cost 10 mil extra....sigh... people just want popular players, not the best players for us, dancing with the dolphins...
Not to nit-pick but Moore didn't throw any picks in the Pitt game did he? Fumbled twice.

Never been a fan of Cutler and this was taking poor QB play to another level. Even on plays when he had a clean pocket threw stepping and leaning backward. On rolling out with no within 5 yards he wouldn't plant his feet to get any juice or accuracy. Seems to play AFRAID. Last second TD pass will skew statistics to how bad he actually played.

I at least thought Cutler would be willing to take some shots deep down field. I was wrong. Throwing up 50/50 balls to Parker are really 90/10 balls.
this is why he retired. As John Offerdahl put it when he opted out after the pre-season, "I used to find myself running to contact - now I find myself trying to avoid it". These guys know when the mind and body have had enough. Offerdahl wasn't offered $10mil to stick around that year though...

This team rides and dies with Ajayi no matter who’s at the Qb position, whether that be Tannehill, Cutler, or Moore. Plus that Oline played god awful today.
If that's the case, we better fix that Oline at some point in the future.

Not to nit-pick but Moore didn't throw any picks in the Pitt game did he? Fumbled twice.

He had some turnovers in the Pitt game, yes. Fumbles have been an issue for him. They've always been an issue for Cutler too though, as well as the interceptions. If Cutler can give as bad of a performance as this against a bad team, there is nothing he offers over Moore other than a sign of effort by the FO to bring in a "starter".

this is why he retired. As John Offerdahl put it when he opted out after the pre-season, "I used to find myself running to contact - now I find myself trying to avoid it". These guys know when the mind and body have had enough. Offerdahl wasn't offered $10mil to stick around that year though...

Cutler retired because nobody wanted a former "franchise QB". He can say what he wants but the market wasn't there for him after he ran the Bears into the ground.

Back
Top Bottom