Jay Fiedler next year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler next year?

Phin-o-rama

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
ok....i am one of the biggest fiedler bashers around and i didn't used to be. he...along with our defense really killed our season at the end of last year and its hard to forget. the truth is fiedler is no tom brady.......i say tom brady because thats what fiedler reminds me of..a sorry tom brady. but besides that i will be the first to admit that griese doesn't fit too well in this offense....not with the play of our O-line.

so lets say fiedler comes back (likely against the cowboys) and does well....dolphins continue their mediocrity that we all know is coming and we miss the playoffs........im serious here i do NOT want fiedler next year at all costs.......i would prefer to keep griese and build our offense around him and ricky

plz don't just flame me for 'bashing' fiedler but im willing to support him for the rest of this year but thats it.......

i guess my question is do you think fiedler will return? not only does he not have the talent to lead us...he cant stay healthy for a whole season......

I wouldn't want Fiedler to play for the rest of the season because even then, he won't be 100%, Fiedler at 100% barely makes it. Plus, we gave him a 3 year "tryout" so we should give Griese that chance. Not that I hate Fiedler, but I just believe he can't help this team.

I'll bet Fiedler's good trade bait though. Chicago and Oakland may be interested. Packaging him with Thompson could maybe get us a 1st rounder .

The only way Fiedler returns next year is as a backup. He will be restructured if he stays or flat out released before March 1st. Same goes for Griese, although he might have a chance to stay on as the starter....but just a stopgap starter.

IMO, if everything goes as planned.....we will have a veteran starter like Brunell along with a rookie draft pick at QB.

We need a teacher for Henson, Losman, or Rivers. :up:

I'd say it will be Griese or Brunell. Hopefully MB.

I'll bet Fiedler's good trade bait though. Chicago and Oakland may be interested. Packaging him with Thompson could maybe get us a 1st rounder .

:bong:

Originally posted by Phin-o-rama
so lets say fiedler comes back (likely against the cowboys) and does well....

Just a guess, but I doubt it would be wise to switch QBs on such a short week, with barely time for two practices before the flight to Dallas. I expect that whoever we see starting Sunday will start again Thursday.

If BG improves (or they find a way to tune the offense around his strengths/weaknesses) I doubt we'll see JF back for the Pats game, or at all the rest of the way. But if JF does come back, doing it during the 10-day layoff seems to make more sense.

C084...I love that SIG...did you come up with it all on your own???

Anyway Phinorama...it was Jay's fault we lost last year? He was the reason Royals punted the ball out of bounds, and the reason New England's Offense passed all over us, and the reason New England started at their own 40. Yes, let's blame it all on Jay......AGAIN.

Originally posted by Prime Time

How many times will you post that? What does my sig have to do with this post? Have a personal problem? P/m me, I'd me more than happy to address it that way. The sig is not about you:

Looks like somebody didn't watch the NFL on CBS where Deion said that he should be on Prime Time, cause of the name?

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

How many times will you post that? What does my sig have to do with this post? Have a personal problem? P/m me, I'd me more than happy to address it that way. The sig is not about you:

Good let's keep it that way.

Anyway Phinorama...it was Jay's fault we lost last year? He was the reason Royals punted the ball out of bounds, and the reason New England's Offense passed all over us, and the reason New England started at their own 40. Yes, let's blame it all on Jay......AGAIN.

yes...lets

i asked not to be flamed but i was just expressing my opinion which is the point of a forum

like i have said b4...the optimal situation would be for jay to never throw a pass in dolphins uniform again

Jay did miss the wide open pass to McKnight to nail that game.

Yes but If Jay was getting top notch dollars like our Defense and Kicker were then I would expect him to make that play. By the way...let's blame Jay for Cris Carter dropping the ball in Minnesota.

Phin-O-Ram...in your opinion you believe Fiedler should not throw again in a Fins uniform, but he will. He is the leader of this offense and is the best QB for this offense. And thats MY opinion.

and like i said...if that happens i will support him like i always have in past years

but i don't want him starting next year...period

Um PrimeTime what is that supposed to mean? Tom Brady got his team to the Superbowl making an eigth of what Fiedler is making.

Yes but If Jay was getting top notch dollars like our Defense and Kicker were then I would expect him to make that play.

Nah, I gotta disagree with that one. I don't care if you're playing for free, money better not have anything to do with your play. Fiedler was also granted a 5-year/$25m deal. He's being paid more than enough.

Back
Top Bottom