Jay, the Jet OL and more... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay, the Jet OL and more...

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Fiedler's responsibilities; Jets' jumbo-sized problem; A possible mess in the Dawg Pound; more.

How do you think Jay Fiedler will do under new offensive coordinator Norv Turner?

Angel Suarez
Miami, FL

*** Angel: Fiedler is not going to win games for the Dolphins under Turner, but he won't get the chance to lose many either. Turner's quick-hitting system will take advantage of Fiedler's great instincts with short passes predicated on quick reads. The attack won't ask Fiedler to throw down the field much, which is something he doesn't do too well. Also, Miami showed faith in Fiedler in the offseason when they re-signed him to a new contract. Look for Fiedler to do well managing this attack, as Turner likes to rely on his signal-callers' accuracy and smarts, and Fiedler has both of those traits.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally thought Fiedler threw down the field decently. I know a chunk of his passes were off, but he did make some nice throws and put the ball in the perfect place on a couple of occasions. Whoever Angel is, I think he didn't watch Fiedler as often as other people have. However, I agree he is going to have a good year.

Originally posted by BMarion31
I personally thought Fiedler threw down the field decently. I know a chunk of his passes were off, but he did make some nice throws and put the ball in the perfect place on a couple of occasions. Whoever Angel is, I think he didn't watch Fiedler as often as other people have. However, I agree he is going to have a good year.

True...Feidler actually has a pretty good arm... he did toss some watermelons, but most of them were at the start of the season. He really did increase efficiency in the second half of 2001. I'm still not sold on Jay being "the Man"... but a voice deep inside tells me that we're still compaing him to Marino... in that light who wouldn't fall short?

in Norv's O

Jay better improve on his 2001 Completion Pct of 60.7 and get into the Dolphin record book:

Season (minimum 75 completions)
64.2 Dan Marino (1984), 362 of 564 attempts
64.1 Dan Marino (1995), 309 of 482 attempts
63.0 Bob Griese (1978), 148 of 235 attempts
62.6 Dan Marino (1994), 385 of 615 attempts
61.8 Bob Griese (1975), 118 of 191 attempts

I could see 63% w/increased passes to Konrad, RW and the TEs

Don't count on him beating any of Dan's records. He's my favorite player on the team, but he's not 5% of what Dan was in his prime.

Back
Top Bottom