Jay | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Not for nothing but Jay can make a mil plus as a top knotch backup in this league. Anyone else make six plus figures? He would do it with moderate talent and a great heart, perfect backup formula. Shed no tears for him. He got starter $$$ for quite some time and will still make six figures plus playing football after not being drafted. I would certainly trade places if he would like to. Good luck Jay and we wish you the best. :www: :escape:

Jay had his chance. He got to be the man for four years at the reins of the sports best franchise. he ws well paid and he was well received by the fans. He just wore out his welcome when he couldn't stay healthy or play consistently.

In Dolphin history they shoudl list him as Jay Fiedler, great guy, so-so QB.

I still would welcome jay as a backup and a paycut. but that is not going to happen with dan the man hangin round. Besides, even if they did make him backup, they would turn around and draft a decent rook and get brunell or someone and then he becomes odd man out anyways. thanks for your service Jay! ill remember you always with your sig on a mini football with ricky and a 8 x 10 on the wall. At least you won your last two games bro.:cool:

Originally posted by fin-atic
correction: In Dolphin history they should list him as Jay Fiedler, great guy, so-so QB throwing, but the most prolific Dolphin QB running it ;)

i think he'd probably be the best backup ever.... and i say this with conviction considering his regular season record.... he would have the best record of any backup in the league!!

i say, take the paycut jay and stay as the backup! you are now a dolphin and forever will be one!

Originally posted by texasPHINSfan

i say, take the paycut jay and stay as the backup! you are now a dolphin and forever will be one!

I will forever remember Jay for exactly what he was to this organization.....

A complete waste of this franchise's time.

Does he have heart? yes.
Competitor? yes
Good guy? Probably

Good QB.... NO!
He was an expirement that just didn't work.

The heart of a mouse

I never thought the boy had any heart myself, sure he would stay in the game all he could but I always felt he was afraid if he came out he wouldn't get back in.
Remember his first year they would take him out and put someone else in and Jay would be on the sideline all pouted up.
He lucked into a great gig and rode it as long as he could.
I don't think he would make a good backup as he won't accept it.
He will always think he should be the starter.
But that's just me and everybody knows I'm crazy as a sprayed roach.

I don't think Jay would be a good backup with his mindset. He seems to only want to play as the starter. I bet he never helped BG learn the offensive or help anyone else who would be a threat to him returning to the best gig on the planet.

If he really wanted to help the team, he would of not played hurt when he did and also would of let Sage play the last game of this season so we could evaluate his talent. Sage may be the best QB out there right now. Better then Brunell and the others, but we blew our chances to find out. I blame Wanny and Fiedler for that.

Talent wise, he would be perfect as a future backup with this team because he knows the players and the system. However, like I said, IMO he would sabatoge anyone ahead of him to become the starter again.

:saberfigh

Originally posted by Trekbiz

I will forever remember Jay for exactly what he was to this organization.....

A complete waste of this franchise's time.

Does he have heart? yes.
Competitor? yes
Good guy? Probably

Good QB.... NO!
He was an expirement that just didn't work.

:up: I agree

Originally posted by fin-atic
Jay had his chance. He got to be the man for four years at the reins of the sports best franchise. he ws well paid and he was well received by the fans. He just wore out his welcome when he couldn't stay healthy or play consistently.

WTF? Where have you been? Under a rock?

He was never welcomed by Miami Dolphins fans. He was the one following Dan Marino. He was trashed by a certain group of fans from the first snap on...heck even before he took a snap.

He was never welcomed or embraced by all Dolfans. Not even when he had his 6-game "probowl run in early 2002. All you heard was "oh he played bad defenses" - "oh his WRs make all the catches" - "oh we could have won bigger and better with a different QB"...

No my friend Jay was never given an ounce of credit by some yet all the critisism for everything wrong from losses of the Dolphins to global warming.

Originally posted by FFiB

WTF? Where have you been? Under a rock?

He was never welcomed by Miami Dolphins fans. He was the one following Dan Marino. He was trashed by a certain group of fans from the first snap on...heck even before he took a snap.

He was never welcomed or embraced by all Dolfans. Not even when he had his 6-game "probowl run in early 2002. All you heard was "oh he played bad defenses" - "oh his WRs make all the catches" - "oh we could have won bigger and better with a different QB"...

No my friend Jay was never given an ounce of credit by some yet all the critisism for everything wrong from losses of the Dolphins to global warming.
You beat me to that one.

Originally posted by dolphan39
correction: In Dolphin history they should list him as Jay Fiedler, great guy, so-so QB throwing, but the most prolific Dolphin QB running it ;)

uhhh...
most prolific QB running the ball.. ? What about Bob??
Griese that is.

Originally posted by nyfinzfan
yo dreads you get my pm about the jersey??

Yeah I sent you one back. check it out. I am not interested in creating a auction, but also not in the Jersey biz. Therefore I asked everyone for what they thought was fair. Check you PM.

Back
Top Bottom