Jaylen Samuels anyone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaylen Samuels anyone?

FINOMINAL

Scout Team
Reaction score
I am a Jaylen Samules fan. Would love to watch him play at the next level. One of those under whelming guys that just moves the chains and produces. He seems like a solid guy. He opened some eyes at the Senior Bowl, here’s a couple excerpts from the buzz.

“A do-everything weapon in college, Samuels lined up strictly at running back during practices and out-performed the other backs on the field. As expected, he did his best work during pass-catching drills as none of the linebackers could stick with his route quickness. Samuels and his versatility has him destined for the second day of the draft.”

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/da...or-bowl-notebook-15-prospects-made-money-week

“What position does he play? We’re not sure, but we think that’s a good thing. And after watching him in practice, it’s clear that Samuels needs to be unleashed in some form as a pass catcher. He has extremely quick feet and moved like a receiver or H-back in the receiving drills, to the point where a creative offensive coordinator really can have fun with him. Call him an "offensive weapon," if you will.

The 5-11, 223-pound Samuels lined up at running back (where he looked surprisingly sudden) and slot receiver, and we could see him used in an offset or hybrid role (some might call him an “F-back”) in the right scheme. He looked to us like a more gifted Jacob Hester or a more thickly built Bilal Powell. Perhaps Samuels isn’t quite the explosive athlete that smaller tight ends such as Dorin Dickerson, Jordan Reed or Dustin Keller were coming out, but there’s a role for him.

Samuels was first-Team All-ACC for a reason. He had a career-high 69 receptions for 551 yards and career-high 383 rushing yards with 15 total touchdowns in 2017. Maybe Josh McDaniels could use someone like that with the Indianapolis Colts, who didn’t get enough from their backs in the passing game last season.”

http://www.montrosepress.com/nation...cle_594f9b68-02c6-538a-8988-0ece5adf43ae.html

Here’s a link to his highlight video, just check out the awareness of the defenders and football smarts, because it’s a boring highlight reel of a guy making (often wide open) catch after catch:

I would take him with are second 4th rounder or later, he’s a weapon you could line up all over, reminds me of a young Charles Clay just better,

Good god, yes. Please. I love him. He's Karlos Williams as a short yardage back, Kenyan Drake as a outside zone/jet sweep man, and Jarvis Landry as a slot receiver. Perhaps that's a bit of an exaggeration...but not much of one.

Good god, yes. Please. I love him. He's Karlos Williams as a short yardage back, Kenyan Drake as a outside zone/jet sweep man, and Jarvis Landry as a slot receiver. Perhaps that's a bit of an exaggeration...but not much of one.
What round do you think he goes in? Sounds like a player we could use

I don’t think I’d take him in tbe 4th maybe the late 4

Would in the 6th

I’d say value is 5th round

Like him

Last edited:
Samuels is on my wish list and that’s exactly why he won’t be a Miami Dolphin. Every year I’ve got around 20 players who I covet in rounds 1-4. Not one has been drafted by Miami since Marino. I used to live for the draft but this organization has beat me down to the point where I almost dread draft day because I just know I’ll be disappointed.
Now this year I have a feeling I’ll get one of my guys in round one but I’ll almost guarantee rounds 2-4 will be WTF!

There have definitely been years where I got a bunch of people from my wish list. The draft haul in 2012 really stands out to me that way. One by one, seemed to kill it over and over again.

Of course, there have been years I didn't understood anything they'd done. The draft haul of 2013 stands out that way.

Late rounder I am sitting on is Mark Walton 5-7.Guy is dynamite and maybe I am a bit byist.

Anyone have any news on his rehab?

I don’t think I’d take him in tbe 4th maybe the late 4

Would in the 6th

I’d say value is 5th round

Like him
He would be a steal in the 5th round and maybe the 4th.

I think he will go anywhere from the bottom of the 2nd to the top of the 4th. I would love to have him in Aqua and Orange.:thumbsup

All depends on what round. At 5'11 I have a hard time seeing him as anything more than a runningback/fullback and maybe situational h-back. There are a number of decent backs in this draft that I would like to see in a Dolphin uniform, but if someone like Royce Freeman is available on day 3 I would rather go that direction. Samuels coud be a decent tool to have in the toolbox for the right offense.

5 foot 11 228 that’s light and short for an h back and that’s kind of what it looks to me although he’s a little more gifted a ball carrier than just a pure h back I still think he’s gonna deal with a lot of tweener talk effecting his stock.

I already have marquis gray that can do h back stuff for me minus the ball carrying on occasion

I like his game I’m just not sure we are the fit

Samuels was first-Team All-ACC for a reason. He had a career-high 69 receptions for 551 yards and career-high 383 rushing yards with 15 total touchdowns in 2017. Maybe Josh McDaniels could use someone like that with the Indianapolis Colts, who didn’t get enough from their backs in the passing game last season.”

Is 383 rushing yards supposed to be 1383?

Back
Top Bottom