Jay's Here To Stay- This Is A Good Thing | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay's Here To Stay- This Is A Good Thing

Which of the "Available" Options Do You Like Best At QB?

• Jay Fiedler

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Troy Aikman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trent Dilfer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drew Bledsoe

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Cade McKnown

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With no viable options, J Fiedler should have been retained as the Dolphins starter. The contract can work in the favor of the Phins because Fiedler will not have any excuses, especially since Turner is the O-C and Wannstedt has shown complete trust in Jay by giving him a big bonus. Marino1983

One thing that I, and probably a whole host of Dolphin fans believe that McNown should be given 60 to 70% of the snaps during preseason. The coaching staff needs to find out what,how and if this kid can be a starting NFL qb in this league, McNown could flourish under Turners guidence !! Marino1983

I'm just glad ice blizzard isnt running this team...lol you think we are in bad shape now? bring in ricky at any prics and go with mcknown at qb.? give me a break !!!Thats just insane ! Get a clue fellas and realize what this team is missing and its not a q.b.!!!!!! It's the line boys and anyone whos not proud of the job jay did behind an absolutely dessimated offensive line is a fool...sorry but thats the way i see it . I watched marino the last two years and it was sad ! I cringed evertime he threw the ball ...or had to reach allmost falling down to hand off..and dont even get me started about not being mobile enough to have the coaches let him try a q,b, sneek for 1 yard!! any one remember the guy who took us to the super bowl last b4 marino?David woodley!!!Be a real fan and stand up for our q.b !!! Nobody thought much of marino when we drafted him either .....no one will admit it but its true i remember all these people booing at the draft when we took him.eli manning ? hell look what payton accomplished with all that talent around him!!!and they even had a 1000 yrd rusher !!!good recieving t.e.!!!two actually and some pretty good wide outs!!! still he looked bad! so stop the talk about drew a nd cade and be realistic!This team can go if we get our offensive line together and get back to playing AGGRESIVE defense !! If you really want to improve this team look to get rid of our defensive cordinator ! we already upgraded the offensive side with turner but bates better show something with all the money and supposed talent on d !! This team lives and dies with the defense and last year they didnt get it done period!!!!!

badfoot-I guess you just don't want a good RB. Jay was bad with good WRs, and Cade is talented. We all know we need a better line, where the hell have you been? We are good at one guard (if Dixon comes back), one tackle (Wade), and center (Ruddy). We need to draft a guard and sign Roaf.

Originally posted by booyeah_

So if somebody doesn't like Fiedler, they aren't a "real fan"?

Well according to that guy. He thinks that you aren't a real fan if you don't like someone on the team. He is wrong. Very wrong.

It's time to quit all the bickering; JF will show up as a very good QB in the very near future. He's built in the same mold as Rich Gannon but is much younger. And whether you like him or not is a moot point right now since he is the starting QB and, barring injury, will likely stay that way for at least the next two seasons.

Originally posted by Expo88
It's time to quit all the bickering; JF will show up as a very good QB in the very near future. He's built in the same mold as Rich Gannon but is much younger. And whether you like him or not is a moot point right now since he is the starting QB and, barring injury, will likely stay that way for at least the next two seasons.

Rich Gannon doesn't throw interceptions.

Rich Gannon doesn't throw interceptions

Gannon didn't get that way over night. I can remember a time not too long ago that we all would have died if the Dolphins signed GANNON as our QB.

Gannon?....Haaa!!

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Rich Gannon doesn't throw interceptions.

Just so you know, Gannon DID throw pleny of INT's and not nearly as many TD's at 6 years ago at thirty years of age. There's a reason that he bounced around to just about every team in the League, and some in Canada, before he finally landed in Al Davis-ville.

Gannon is an excellent QB now, but it took him a very long time to reach that point. Jay already is a very good QB with all the essentials, once he starts making better decisions (and he seems to have started doing just that as evidenced by the last half of the season) he'll be right up there with the best in the game at the moment.

Honestly, do you really believe that Fiedler is that much worse than Garcia, Gannon, Brady, etc? Give Jay a decent O-line and a good ground game and he'll be tanning in Honolulu in Febuary on an annual basis.

:monkey: Da Ray:o Dah's

Brady isn't up there with Garcia and Gannon. Brady throws the ball 2 years away from him at most. Garcia and Gannon are both in WCOs, but they make some deep throws. And Yes, Garcia and Gannon are both way better than Fiedler.

Maybe Some Glasses Would Help

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Brady isn't up there with Garcia and Gannon. Brady throws the ball 2 years away from him at most. Garcia and Gannon are both in WCOs, but they make some deep throws. And Yes, Garcia and Gannon are both way better than Fiedler.

Ice, I think that you might need glasses if you think both of those QB's are that much better than Fieder. The only thing that puts them above Fiedler at this point is that they're both surrounded by some great talent. Without Terrell Owens, Hearst, and Barlow it's doubtful Garcia would be where he is today. And Gannon has the help of two future Hall of Fame receivers on his side as well as a really solid O-line.

With the emergence of Chambers we started to see Fiedler shine a little more. Given a line like both of those QB's have we'll be seeing some great stuff.

Hope you're hungry 'cause you're going to be eating your words at the end of the season :evil:

Why would the phins be any worse with Cade than with Jay?

Through the same amount of starts (15 starts)

Cade: 233 completions, 424 attempts, 2,560 yards, 12 TDs, 16 INTs, 66.7 rating.

Jay: 204 completions, 357 attempts, 2,402 yards, 14 TDs, 14 INTs, 74.5 rating.

The numbers are almost identical between the two players at the same # of starts. That isn't taking into account that McNowns starts came when he was 22 and 23 years old where Fiedler's starts came when he was 29 with 7 years experience in NFL Camps?

Some of you think Fiedler, limited ability and all, is somehow going to morph into a star QB. Why not the same feeling towards McNown?

The fact that McNown is still very young and hasn't yet reached his physical peak should be enough to sway anyone towards starting him.

If you have no desire to have a good QB as it is, why not go with McNown to see if he can fill any of the promise that made him a first round pick? Jay Fiedler will never be a quality starting QB.

Oh KB...

Originally posted by KB21

The numbers are almost identical between the two players at the same # of starts. That isn't taking into account that McNowns starts came when he was 22 and 23 years old where Fiedler's starts came when he was 29 with 7 years experience in NFL Camps?

Some of you think Fiedler, limited ability and all, is somehow going to morph into a star QB. Why not the same feeling towards McNown?

The fact that McNown is still very young and hasn't yet reached his physical peak should be enough to sway anyone towards starting him.

If you have no desire to have a good QB as it is, why not go with McNown to see if he can fill any of the promise that made him a first round pick? Jay Fiedler will never be a quality starting QB.

Spin, spin all you want, Jay is our QB and it's time you learn a dif song and dance. By they way if those #'s you just listed were reversed you would say that those stats are not even close to each other.

Basically you only see one thing, everything is Jay's fault and it's all because you personally hate the guy for whatever reason.

Remember you are the guy that said Oronde Gadsden should choke Fiedler to death during a game and that you would burn the Dolphins facility down if Jay were the starting QB this last year? I won't get into the anti-Semitic crap you have said about Jay Fiedler in the past.

I feel sorry for this MBoard that they are going to have to read your rants about Jay. They can't say I didn't warn them!

Why don’t you leave these nice ppl alone, and go back to the DD MBoard where Vince protects you?

Oh by the way the coaches see these players each and everyday and they know just a lil bit more about football than you. I know I know you won't allow yourself to believe that any1 knows more about football than you, but at the very least these guys get paid for knowing football, to this point you don't. But anyway back to my point, those ppl have decided that McNown and Lucas are not worth the RISK. Even you can see that, wait maybe you can't!

Oliver...

Originally posted by KB21

I agree with everything you just said.

And Expo-Garcia didn't have Hearst or Barlow last year, although he did have Garner and was still a Pro Bowler. And who does he have besides Owens at WR. Stokes is horrible. Garcia is a great player, way better than Fiedler. Everyone knows it. And no, I don't need glasses. I have 20/20 vision, better than what you probably got.:)

Back
Top Bottom