Jay's problem corrected ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay's problem corrected !

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
It turns out one of the reasons quarterback Jay Fiedler struggled throwing early in the game -- he completed 7 of 17 passes in the first half, with several of the throws sailing high -- was he couldn't get a good grip on the ball.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6995190.htm

I hate to hear stuff like that, like when players are slipping because of the wroing cleat, etc. Sometimes the equipment manager is more important than the HC

There is a new surface at Giants Stadium this season, a state-of-the-art synthetic grass known as FieldTurf. With no dirt on the ball to reduce the slippery texture, Fiedler couldn't get a grip.

Interesting...I don't buy it, but interesting none the less. :D

Originally posted by dolfan87
Interesting...I don't buy it, but interesting none the less. :D
sounds like it c/b something Jason Cole was told over a few pints ;)

lol...Those balls are made with a lot of that "tack" in the leather. But hey, you never know. Maybe it was a mental game for Jay. He might have started throwing better thinking the dirt was helping him.

Whatever works.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Maybe it was a mental game for Jay. He might have started throwing better thinking the dirt was helping him.

Whatever works.

Maybe they should just take some of that dirt from the infield section of Pro Player on road games so that Jay feels right at home. :D ;)

Kerry Collins didn't seem to have a problem.:confused: And why did he complete 7 of 9 in the second half?
Seven of Nine.... I'm getting excited.:assimilat

Originally posted by fairbanksb
And why did he complete 7 of 9 in the second half?
the article does not say, but if this is true, you would think they did something at halftime

Originally posted by fairbanksb
Kerry Collins didn't seem to have a problem.:confused: And why did he complete 7 of 9 in the second half?
Seven of Nine.... I'm getting excited.:assimilat

I can see him or someone saying it was a colder day as far as a Dolphins player is concerned, but still.

Oliver...

That does not make much sense. Jay's best game of the year so far was the one the first time at the Meadowlands. This was his third best or second worst whichever way you say it.

It explains in the article..I don't remember it.

The reason Jay did complete 7 of 9 is because at halftime he rubbed OJ on the ball to make it stickier..apparently it worked.

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
Orange Juice??? How did he carry it on the field????? lol

A cup? LoL. Good question!

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom