JBrownTC Poll (merged w/ other JB Topics) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JBrownTC Poll (merged w/ other JB Topics)

Jonathon wants to know if you want him back writing reports, what do you say?

• Yes...

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • No...

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I Don't Really Read Any Training Camp Reports...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Eat Glue...

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
A.J. and I are looking into this, and will let you know what the deal is here.

CK I had to remove one of your posts because it violated our T.O.S. with the advertisment of a competitors site. While we don't have a problem with people visiting other sites, we simply don't allow them to be advertised on ours.

You'd think the rules would be relaxed a little bit considering the misrepresentation in this site's local TC Reporter's reports, as so eloquently pointed out by PhinfanBo...

The fans want some reliable TC reports...I told them where to get some. Oh well.

Thats what I thought. But Fennel's TC reports said not a single word of Leon Searcy until Sunday and that was just to say that now that the vet's have reported, we'll get to see if we got our money's worth from Ricky and Leon Searcy.

CK, the rules are the rules bro. Like I said, AJ and I are looking into this situation. We have a guy who applies to do the TC reports, and we give him a shot. If he is mis-representing himself, it will be dealt with.

I don't care if people visit other sites, but we have had a lot of difficulty with a certain few fan based sites who have given us problems. We therefore just put a blanket on the situation, and said "no more"

It is in the TOS which you agreed upon when signing up. It's not a personal thing, it just has to be fair for all.

And I've just been looking through as many TC reports as I can find, from newspapers, other posters, Fennel, etc and I can't find a single mention of Leon Searcy before the mentioning of his arrival on sunday and the monday practice.

I think the rule says that you only report early if you're a vet and you had offseason surgery or were injured during the offseason or something. Cuz I'm pretty sure Brent Smith arrived at camp and practiced for the first time on Monday, even though he had a torn ACL last year...

Yes, CK, I did, because it was a violation of the copyright laws. You can not post an entire article from another source into our forums. We can get in big trouble over that.

I made a link to her report instead.

BTW here is what the Sentinel said about who reported on the 25th
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NOTES: The Dolphins opened training camp today for rookies,
selected veterans and players coming off injuries from last season.
Among the veterans that participated were WR Chris Chambers, WR
Dedric Ward, QB Ray Lucas and FB Rob Konrad."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever is coming off injury from the 2001 season should report.

It seems Leon didn't report until Monday..I couldn't find him in any pictures are articles prior to that day..and here's what Curt of Phins.com say on sunday before the vet's were to report.

My Comments:

The Sunday practice was the last chance that many of the rookies will get to impress the coaches before the "old guys" show up and start practicing on Monday. It's said that many of the players dread the first day of real hitting, but I'm sure that there are just as many who are anxious to get out on to the field and show the new kids just what the NFL is really about....

So far, the rookies and the receivers have had it pretty easy. They get to run their routes and catch their passes without getting clobbered by the defense. Well, that all changes on Monday and the hard hitters, like Zach Thomas, traditionally welcome the change.

More importantly for the team, however, is the fact that the team will finally get to see if they got what they paid for in Ricky Williams, Leon Searcy, Rob Burnett and all the other players they picked up in the off-season.

The REAL work begins Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at every practice from the start of camp on Friday until the end of Monday. Searcy reported with the other vets on Sunday and started practicing Monday. I think he sat out Tuesday but I wasn't there so I'm not sure. Go with what Curt says; I have been familiar with him for years and he never posts something unless he is sure it is correct.

No, Searcy did NOT report with the rookies and selected vets, this isn't for debate i am 100% sure. I was at every practice with just the rookies and selected vets and he was not there. He began practicing on Monday, looked talented but rusty, got hurt towards the end of practice. On Tuesday he missed the morning session, that is fact. Tuesday evening I know he did practice because Ozzy reported that, and Ozzy knows what he's talking about. Then he went full speed Wednesday and Thursday. That should clear it up.

If anyone wants to listen to Jb, who I am 100% sure hasn't been at a single practice session, then you would think that Searcy was there since Friday (false), and has practiced every day this week!

There is one thing I didn't notice before on JB's report and that's he say "My take" when he gives his comments..this may indicate JB was just summing up what what reported in the papers and not his own eyewitness reports...Something Curt does when he doesn't attend the actual practices.

Alright people, I just got home and Gram told me of the situation. We are going to deal with the problem as fast as we can. There are many options that we are thinking about, and we will let everyone know what the end result is as soon as possible.

However, for the time being I am going to close this thread. If you have any "beef" to say about Jonathan, please post it in the Complaints forum. If you have any training camp questions or whatever, post it here.

Lastly, I will like to apologize for any inconvienence this may of caused everyone here. Sorry.

JBrown Responds

Dear FinHeaven.com Fans:

I know what Is aw at practices and what my other people that go told me. If you don't believe me than fine, but my info is as accurate as anyone else on the net. Are you telling me people in the media of the Miami Dolphins are inaccurate? If they are, that seems kind of funny after they attend every practice. As for Ricky fumbling twice the otehr night..Ask Ozzy, he also reported it. I don't know what everyone else sees at practice, but I know what I see, as well as other friends. If you guys don't like my reports anymore, please say so, but I have been busting my butt every day since camp started to do these reports for you, so much in fact that I have spent 10 hours at the hospital and just got back and am very tired. Was I going to go to bed? No, why because I enjoy writing reports for you fellow FinFans, but if you want to be unappreciative of these reports that I, as well as friends have put together than thats fine.

Jonathan

Bro, your reports are awesome and very informative for those of us who don't have the opportunity to ever see the 'Fins practice becase we live in other states. Other than the fact that you do your report in one huge paragraph ;) , The things are great and I hope to keep reading them until the completion of TC. Keep it up and ignore the moronic naysayers that love to drop nothing but negativity and half-baked thoughts on these MB's. Take it easy.

Po

Expo, the only problem is AJ is firing me because people are talking about Finheaven.com. I don't know why people are surfacing this now, because I atlked to Bo before when I did my first 2-3 reports and he said they were good. If I was lying why didn't he just say so instead of saying my reports were good. To me I think he is trying to start something because everyone likes my reports so much.

Well, for what it`s worth JB, I also enjoyed reading your reports. Thanks for your time and hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom