Jeff Garcia | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Garcia

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
What is his status for next year?? It seems like he is in the doghouse in SF, do you think he may available? If yes, is he worth investing in??

Erickson said he's the starter.

So...dunno.

I wouldn't mind like Tim Couch or someone. They can atleast throw the ball.

They seem to like scrambling QB now in Miami so he could be a good fit in this offense. And we know he can throw too...

Isn't Garcia hurt? With the way Rattay is playing, Garcia could be let go.

He's 33 now and he's a pure West Coast offense guy; he would not fit in Miami's offense.

If he is, I still would pass. He is alot like jay. Runs a bit, cant throw downfield and only made the pro bowl b/c of TO. Garcia would throw the ball 6 yrds and TO would make it an 80yd TD catch. IF we look outside for a new QB I like couch. He has not gotten alot of interest on this board. He's young good arm but a statue. We would need to shore up the line first and if we do affording him may be an issue. If the line can protect I think we should keep BG.

No way. Garcia is not a young man anymore and he doesn't have the arm. If we want to keep a QB that can scramble and not throw real deep, why not just Keep Jay?

No Way

I don't care if we get Jeff Garcia (maybe Tim Couch), but it drives me up the wall that we haven't looked for a francise qb for the last decade! Of course Dan the Man was still in Miami but look at what teams like Green Bay and even Denver tried to do. Find a qb that can be mentored to take the reins, not a qb who needs a cut off man to get the ball thirty yards down field. Feidler looks like he is in a skeet shooting competition when he throws the deep ball, but that is another topic. They need to stop drafting Defensive people and saddle up with some offense (1 wr, 1qb, 3 offensive linemen)! Defensively were great and I am not afraid to admit that but the late season demise is because they are on the field 90% of the game. I would have said Brian G was a great fit but he looks like he is about to cry when he sees the pass rush coming at him prompting a Feidler return. OH GOD HELP US!!!!:fire: :fire: :fire:

Originally posted by dreadlockera
only made the pro bowl b/c of TO.

"Surpassed 3,000 yards passing for third consecutive season...Became first quarterback in TEAM HISTORY to complete 300 or more passes in three consecutive seasons (328 in 2002, 316 in 2001 and 355 in 2000)"

Impressive for a Fiedler clone replacing Young and following Montana.

Don't get me wrong, I don't "want" him to be a Fins, but he would be a big improvement over what we have.

Originally posted by Oboy
No way. Garcia is not a young man anymore and he doesn't have the arm. If we want to keep a QB that can scramble and not throw real deep, why not just Keep Jay?

Because the team has been regressing the last 3 years...

In all fairness though, the Niners have been regressing as well over that time period. Garcia was close to being a Dolphin. It was between us and the Niners and the Niners came in with a better deal late in negotiations. Other than that, no other team gave him a sniff.

I think he is a tad too old to be his most effective and he really his qquite short. I doubt he would be able to do more than Fiedler and Griese have. He does scramble realy well but that can only do so much. I say pass on him if he does become available. Draft a qb and make a play for one in free agency if they become available (i.e. Manning, Couch, Rattay, etc.).

Garcia has been playing through painful injuries all season. I know because I have him as backup on my fantasy football team and I've had to read his news and notes every week hoping he was 100%. He has a partially torn ligament in his ankle, and in the beginning of the season he had a slight tear in his groin. For anyone who knows Garcia's style, those 2 injuries make him uncapable. :astro:

You know all this QB talk is pointless until we find out who the new HC is and what type of offense he is going to run. If it is a "west coast" type offense then you need a more mobile QB, etc...

Back
Top Bottom