Jeff Garcia? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Garcia?

Noland

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They just said on PTI on espn that the 49'ers could release Garcia if he don't cut down on his salary. Then they wondered why the Redskins wanted to spend the money on Brunell when they could go after Garcia. They said that he was more productive than Brunell the last few years.

I wondered the same thing about Miami why did we try to go after Brunell and aint going to try to go after Garcia?
I know T.O. and Garcia don't see eye to eye so would you except Garcia would it be a good move for the dolphins?

Garcia would be the best QB available once Brunell gets taken by the Skins and i would go for him as a stop gap for a year or 2.

ok would you take Garcia over T.O. because if Miami is interested in him T.O aint going to play on the same team as Garcia I know we could'nt afford it anyway just a thought?

Originally posted by Noland
ok would you take Garcia over T.O. because if Miami is interested in him T.O aint going to play on the same team as Garcia I know we could'nt afford it anyway just a thought?

TO is a pipe dream IMO, we won't nab him. However, I don't want garcia either.

I would take Owens, but it wouldn't work financially. We need to upgrade the line first and add at least one receiver. I think Tolver needs a shot too b/c I think that guy can flat out play. We need a playmaker and Tolver catches balls. I was excited about him in the preseason and they didn't let him play in any regular season games.

I know it is almost impossible to sign T.O. I know we can't afford it. I'm getting the feeling that we will end up with Fiedler I don't think that T.O. would sign with us if we still had Fiedler anyway he would be stupid if he did. I would take Garcia or T.O. I believe they are both upgrades.

Garcia has more passing yards in one season than anyone else in 49ers history. The guy has a lot of game left in him, and I know people will say it's only because of TO, but we have Chambers who I think has the potential to be amazing, even more than he already is. Garcia has had more success in recent years than Brunell, and I don't see why we shouldn't go after him, other than his salary. If we were to pick Rivers or get Henson, Garcia could teach him a bit, and that could be a way to teach the rookie about the game.

I like Garcia. He's a playmaker and if you read my response to what makes an effecient offense you know I think all those who worship at the altar of arm strength don't understand football.

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
Garcia has more passing yards in one season than anyone else in 49ers history. The guy has a lot of game left in him, and I know people will say it's only because of TO, but we have Chambers who I think has the potential to be amazing, even more than he already is. Garcia has had more success in recent years than Brunell, and I don't see why we shouldn't go after him, other than his salary. If we were to pick Rivers or get Henson, Garcia could teach him a bit, and that could be a way to teach the rookie about the game.

I don't understand that whole west coast offense thing if you are a qb and you can play you can play east west. I don't think Garcia is a upgrade I know he is an upgrade. We get a Cheap good WR 2 or 3 lineman and Garcia we will be set for the 2004 season.

We better not get Garcia. He is a flammer and he is not good. If we did get him we could kiss Owens goodbye. I think Fiedler is a better qb

Thats crazy for someone to say that Fiedler is better than Garcia look at the #'s better passing #'s and running #'s. There is no way that Fiedler is better than Garcia.

Fiedler has never produced half as well as Garcia. Garcia was the highest rated QB in the league last Dec. and he would have been higher w/o all those T.O. drops.

I like JF but there is no way I believe that you put him in SF and he has better stats than Montana or Young ever had.

Originally posted by Brad528
We better not get Garcia. He is a flammer and he is not good. If we did get him we could kiss Owens goodbye. I think Fiedler is a better qb

We are not going to get TO, we can't afford him & he is just using us to get more $$$. Just like when DSanders did back in the days.

TO would want to be the #1 guy here. We already have a #1 WR in Chambers. Plus, our O revolves around Ricky & sooner or later he will start to b*tch how we are not throwing him the ball enough.

You gotta be kidding to think JF is better than Garcia. If I had to choice on either Garcia or TO, I would pick Garcia over TO.

Back
Top Bottom