Jeff Garcia | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Garcia

ryyyan24

Starter
Reaction score
I know that this is all in the past and over but does anyone else here feel that Jeff Garcia could have fixed a QB problems and fit the offense perfectly? I feel that he is twice as good as any of the guys we got in Miami and could have brought us back to the playoffs. :confused:

I know this solves nothing but lets keep bringing up sh*t that cannot ever be changed and aint gonna happen.

No, I feel Jeff Garcia has just brings in different questions, some of them worse then Feeley. I don't believe there was one quarterback availiable to perfectly fix all of Miami's quarterback problems next year.

go_fins said:
Jeff Garcia would have taken us to the playoffs for sure. oh well.....

Based on what? Cleveland will be lucky if Jeff Garcia lasts 5 games.

Sorry Ryan, but all this has been beaten to death over and over. Garcia has questions, He has little upside over what we already know. He is older, so not L/T solution, durability questions, back problems at a elder football player age can be chronic. He has also not played outside a WCO cept last year and he suked, we dont run a WCO, so how effective would he be? all in all he could have turned out better, but he has just as many questions and is 35 years old. No he and Warner were not solutions IMO. Collins or Couch? Maybe, but at that time, neither was guarenteed to be free, Couch still isnt. Both have questions as well, but could have been solutions. Rick had a choice after Brunell and Ramsey were gone:

1 he could have opted to go for a qb in the draft, which as we saw would have necessitated a move to the top ten, (Pitt was not trading out of 11 and took Ben) which we didnt have the ammo to do and we needed more help than qb and woul have given up most draft picks this year and next to get up. Not a wise option, for no other reason is by teh time the rook is ready, our defense would be done.

2 he could have waited and saw who became available. problem, what if noone did that provided what we were looking for, youth, talent, experience and upside? It would be last years left tackle situation all over again.

Basically at this point he was damed if he did and damed if he didnt. Hopefully it pans out. Rick obviously believes in this kid, he staked his future on him.

Garcia would have what? Based on what? His play in teh WCO or his play last year outside teh WCO?

kerry collins wouldve help more than anyone available. but, he chose the dark side, and is now, a filthy raider. at worst, we work with what we had last year, and fiedler is still better than the bottom third of starting qb's in the league today. i know its not saying much, but it's just june. lets see where this thing goes, and then we'll know.

If Collins was availiable at the same time as Feeley, I totally would of went with Collins. However that was not the case. No one could of predicted Kerry Collins being availiable. I would feel much less comfortable with Collins coming in now and starting next year. Don't discount the importance of 3 months of learning the offense.

go_fins said:
He's much better than Feidler and Feeley. He also has playoff experience plus that ridiculous comeback againts the Giants.

He was almost replaced by Tim Rattay last season. Tim Rattay. I will say that again. Tim Rattay.

Garcia will have injury problems for the rest of his career. Feely comes cheaper as a good back up to Fiedler when/if Fiedler does go down. A few years ago Garcia may have been the answer but now we have to hope we got a nice young qb that can turn into the pro bowler that Garcia was at one time.

Back
Top Bottom