Jeremiah: I Had Tunsil The Top Player In 2016 Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeremiah: I Had Tunsil The Top Player In 2016 Draft

One of the best picks we've had in years!
Better than Jake Long without even trying.

Without a doubt. Honestly Tunsil was probably the best offensive tackle I'd ever seen coming out of high school. No joke. He literally had offers from every big time program in the country. He had offers from every single team in the SEC. Not just that - they were fighting over him.

I can't recall ever seeing an offensive tackle make pass sets look easier and more effortless than Tunsil did when studying his tape at Ole Miss.

Without a doubt. Honestly Tunsil was probably the best offensive tackle I'd ever seen coming out of high school. No joke. He literally had offers from every big time program in the country. He had offers from every single team in the SEC. Not just that - they were fighting over him.

I can't recall ever seeing an offensive tackle make pass sets look easier and more effortless than Tunsil did when studying his tape at Ole Miss.

That's insane and easily believable. The guys physical talent is off the charts. How great he wants to be is totally up to him.

Tunsil is a good left tackle.

He needs a QB that can make a decision in less than 20 seconds.

I don't know what team you have been watching over the last 7 years, but THIS team needs a line that can give the QB more than 2 seconds to throw!

That's not a surprise. He was a top 5 pick before that gas mask incident.

i was going to toss my tv out of the window if we didn’t have that pick locked and sealed in a hurry. it was one of those times i felt like i could have been a gm lol no brainer slam dunk.

Not true, gasmask is why he fell.
You're wrong or probably not reading properly, the gas mask had nothing to do with why he fell in the mocks. It's why he fell in the actual draft. He was consistently mocked #1 to the Titans, but when they traded down and it was clear the Rams had traded into #1 for a QB Tunsil started being mocked later down to teams that were after a tackle (SF, Baltimore, the Titans again). Then the draft started, the gas mask video came out and he dropped even further.

You're wrong or probably not reading properly, the gas mask had nothing to do with why he fell in the mocks. It's why he fell in the actual draft. He was consistently mocked #1 to the Titans, but when they traded down and it was clear the Rams had traded into #1 for a QB Tunsil started being mocked later down to teams that were after a tackle (SF, Baltimore, the Titans again). Then the draft started, the gas mask video came out and he dropped even further.
Sorry that sounds a bit pssiy, just meant maybe you hadn't realised that I'm talking about mocks rather than the actual draft. He dropped down mocks despite being accepted as the number 1 talent due to QB-needy teams trading up. Then he dropped down the actual draft due to the video.

I'm of the same mind as Daniel Jeremiah. Build our defense around Minkah Fitzpatrick and a re-signed Xavien Howard. None of the 2019 QB's look like a good fit for the new systems Coach Flores & Co. are installing. Let's use this year to build our lines, blood some youth so they get the experience and grow, and target a QB in 2020 when there are some good fits to be had.

Also, we all agree that this draft is deepest in defensive talent at the top. So, IMHO, let's grab those harder-to-find defensive pieces if they are available, and rebuild our OL in the middle rounds.

HUGELY AGREE WITH THIS!!

Back
Top Bottom