Jerman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jerman

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I have not responded to any posts in a long time, but I decided to in this situation. Guys, do your homework. If you paid attention to the preseason you would have noticed that Jerman also played in the extra tight-end situation in the tight end position. With recent injuries on other teams defensive lines, I believe giving up d-line was too risky.

Bottom line. Jerman actually meets two needs here. OT and TE. I witnessed him being used as the extra tightend around the goal line.

And remember before handcuffing guys for previous performance. New year. We shall see who steps up.

Go Georgia, Go Southern Mississippi, and Go Dolphins,

Lee2000

Most people here didn't even get to see the preseason games.

So what are the rules? If we activated Jerman from the practice squad, couldn't we move Battaglia to the practice squad, or did we have to release him before we could do that?

Originally posted by fairbanksb
So what are the rules? If we activated Jerman from the practice squad, couldn't we move Battaglia to the practice squad, or did we have to release him before we could do that?

Practice squad is for players that haven't played more then a certain number of games. I think 5 or 6. Battaglia is a veteran whose probably exceeded that by oh 70-80 games :tongue:

If Dixon returns to practice and is able to play -- as a starter or backup -- Jerman likely will be returned to the practice squad and a roster spot could re-open for Battaglia or another tight end.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6712583.htm

a lot of IFs since that is IF no one claims Marco and if no one claims Jerman after he is waived prior to being placed on PS.

Originally posted by Lee2000
I have not responded to any posts in a long time, but I decided to in this situation. Guys, do your homework. If you paid attention to the preseason you would have noticed that Jerman also played in the extra tight-end situation in the tight end position. With recent injuries on other teams defensive lines, I believe giving up d-line was too risky.

Bottom line. Jerman actually meets two needs here. OT and TE. I witnessed him being used as the extra tightend around the goal line.

And remember before handcuffing guys for previous performance. New year. We shall see who steps up.

Go Georgia, Go Southern Mississippi, and Go Dolphins,

Lee2000

Also, I must point out something. Jerman may have played 3rd TE in short yardage. But that's all he'll ever see. if we lose a TE to injury, Jerman will not play as the regular TE. We would likely just use a FB as an H. Jerman offers nothing in 2 TE formations. You know he's not going out for a pass. So it's just one less man to worry about.

We cannot count on Jerman as a TE. I seriously doubt that the staff is either. That would be like counting on Marcus Spriggs as a TE last year. Fact is, Jerman will never see the field as a TE, except in goalline situations.

Hello Muck,

I agree with your statements. He will not go out on patterns, but he meets the extra blocking need on the goal line. I would suspect that the fullbacks could step in and play in a tightend situation if necessary. As you have read I am sure, the Dolphins apparently thought a lot of Yates and Grigsby. I watched a lot of SEC football and Grigsby stood out last year in the Louisville game. And could you imagine the three Texas A&M guys learning the system together; new meaning for chemistry if they can improve in skill.

Thanks for your reports. A cheer for opening day!

Lee2000

:) Thanks dude. Have fun today!!

Back
Top Bottom