Jerome Baker Back At Practice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jerome Baker Back At Practice

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
1152855818.jpg-218x150.jpg

INJURY UPDATE

A day after suffering what appeared to be a groin injury, Jerome Baker participated in Tuesday’s practice on a limited basis. ...

https://cbs12.com/sports/content/do...10-stock-up-stock-down-and-other-observations

I hope this guy really is as good as some on here make him out to be. I see a very average linebacker. I hope I am wrong. We desperately need playmakers at every linebacker position.

I hope this guy really is as good as some on here make him out to be. I see a very average linebacker. I hope I am wrong. We desperately need playmakers at every linebacker position.
The guy was a mid round rookie. What the hell do you expect?

Maybe give him a season with some good coaching, before passing judgement.

The guy was a mid round rookie. What the hell do you expect?

Maybe give him a season with some good coaching, before passing judgement.

We all want to see him excel, Mach. Passing judgement seems like a harsh description of what I believe is just an observation.

I agree with Ill. I see an average linebacker as well. But New England coaching/schemes tend to elevate average to an upper echelon. So you are right as well. Let's wait, see, and hope on that coaching.

We all want to see him excel, Mach. Passing judgement seems like a harsh description of what I believe is just an observation.

I agree with Ill. I see an average linebacker as well. But New England coaching/schemes tend to elevate average to an upper echelon. So you are right as well. Let's wait, see, and hope on that coaching.

It’s more than just an observation.

That gent has ripped Baker repeatedly as more than a passing observation, to the point where it was memorable for being odd. If memory serves, it started with Baker being “trash.”

Gotcha

Baker has trouble holding up when you go right at him. At least he did last year. However, he’s an electric athlete and he can be truly outstanding in space. He’s a far better prospect than McMillian, IMO.

If you listed our best prospects, he’s not too far outside the top five.

If this year is not about wins and losses, seeing the development of guys like Baker help give this season purpose.

I like where Baker's game could go. Speed to go sideline to sideline, quicks for coverage and blitzing and a solid tackler. Seems to be motivated and hardworking so the mental game will show up. He'll never be a rock at the PoA, but he could be a great asset as we build a championship caliber D.

Back
Top Bottom