Jersey Sizes, Replica or Authentic? And spotting the fakes! PLEASE READ! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jersey Sizes, Replica or Authentic? And spotting the fakes! PLEASE READ!

BillsCA said:
I just bought one of those, very nice you dont get the holes in the jersey like the replica. Sewn on numbers and nice for only 20 bucks more, well worth the investement.

I knew you were a closet Fins fan all along--I just couldn't prove it--But now that you have admitted to buying one of them jersey's, thats all the proof i need :lol:

when i look at jerseys on ebay i usually look at the basketball authentic's cuz they're are alot more. u think u could do one of these for basketball jerseys?

Price aside, what is the big deal if you got a fake one? I mean did it feel fake before you found out? This does not warrant that people should lie or rip you off, but at a game do you look at another fan and go SHeesh hes not a true fan he only spent $75 on a jersey. I am clearly better then He/She is due to the fact i spent 3X more. Its all nonsense. Buy what makes you happy and what you cna afford a replica is no worse then a authentic.

I have two authentics, 2 replithentic, and two replica. In all honesty I wear the replica's to the games cause they are cooler in the heat!!!! I like the replithentic for the true "look" of authentic, and my authentics are more collectable then anything else due to my paranioa of spilling something on a shirt I spent more then my wedding tux for.

Here is from the Mitchell and Ness site that they had posted about fake jerseys.

Mitchell & Ness does NOT make Jerseys of the following players:

O.J. Simpson
Michael Jordan
Ray Lewis

Michael Vick
Dan Marino
Champ Bailey

Dick Butkus
Reggie White
Carmelo Anthony

Lebron James
James Lofton
Tim Duncan

Yao Ming
Stephon Marbury
Ben Wallace

Randy Moss
Brian Urlacher
Emmitt Smith

Lynn Swann
Tony Dorsett
Terrell Davis

Marshall Faulk
Chauncy Billups
Donovan McNabb

Mitchell & Ness does NOT make Jerseys with multiple players, including (but not limited to):

Quarterbacks
of the Century

Runningbacks
of the Century

Wide Receivers
of the Century

Monsters
of the Midway

Mitchell & Ness does NOT make Jerseys of the following types:

College
jerseys

High School
jerseys

Home/Away
or "split" style jerseys

Embroidered signature or "stat" jerseys

All Mitchell & Ness jerseys look and feel like authentic jerseys that would have been worn "on-field".

Mitchell & Ness does not make collectors jerseys with multiple players, jerseys that list player statistics, or jerseys commemorating championship seasons.

I Don't know where you getting your information but here is the info direct from Mitchell & Ness live chat

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Chheng'
Chheng: Allow me to introduce myself as your chat representative...
Chheng: Welcome to Mitchell and Ness Live Chat help! How may I help you today?
ron: I want to know have you ever made a Dan Marino Jersey
Chheng: we have made it
Chheng: and we are actually going to bring it out again next month
ron: ok great that was my only question. thanks.
Chheng: you're welcome

You can try yourself here the link click on live chat on the right:
http://www.mitchellandness.com/Default.aspx

Whitedolphin54 said:
I knew you were a closet Fins fan all along--I just couldn't prove it--But now that you have admitted to buying one of them jersey's, thats all the proof i need :lol:

Yes a McGahee one... :shakeno:

Not to be an A$$

But I could care less if it's fake or real, as long as it looks great and it's not obviously a knockoff, like some of your examples.

Authentic Jerseys are 300+ a pop. Which is extremely crazy exspensive for any shirt IMO.

I'd rather spend 25 - 35 bucks on a nice knock off, from Manhattan. But that's just my opinion.

Real or Fake?

I just bought this Ronnie jersey off ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=24962&item=5204175311&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I recieved it like two weeks ago. Its awsome, in that it was cheap and is all sewn names and numbers. I would have spent like 20 bucks more on a replica with all printed names and numbers.

However

Is this jersey a fake? Go check the URL and let me know what you think. I couldn't find this type of Ronnie Jersey ANYWHERE but from this one guy.

Let me know what you guys think about the validity of this jersey.

P.S. - Even if its fake, this guy has damn good prices on damn good jerseys IMO. Fake or not, I'd rather spend 50 on a sewn fake jersey then 75 in a printed real one.

Yeah it's definetly fake

For one the, there's nos hadow on the numbers and two the sleeves dont taper and have that elastisicty to it, like the real ones.

You can find almost undetectable knockoffs in NYC, if you happen to live in the tri-state area.

Outrider01 said:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=24962&item=5204175311&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I recieved it like two weeks ago. Its awsome, in that it was cheap and is all sewn names and numbers. I would have spent like 20 bucks more on a replica with all printed names and numbers.

However

Is this jersey a fake? Go check the URL and let me know what you think. I couldn't find this type of Ronnie Jersey ANYWHERE but from this one guy.

P.S. - Even if its fake, this guy has damn good prices on damn good jerseys IMO. Fake or not, I'd rather spend 50 on a sewn fake jersey then 75 in a printed real one.

Sorry dude, that is definitely fake.

u can tell thats fake just from a glance without even comparing it to another jersey

Outrider01 said:

However

Nowhere in that ad does it claim to be real or authentic.

Still, if you like it and you didn't pay too much what's the problem right...looks like a real shirt to me. :D

Damn, I pretty much figured it was fake but I despise the look of the screened replicas and couldn't find a sewn Ronnie jersey anywhere. Anyone have any ideas of where to get a sewn ronnie jersey short of having a custom one made up with "Brown" and "23" :confused:

Come to think of it though, this one does look pretty silly simply because it doesnt have the shadows behind the numbers.:(

Crap.:shakeno:

WOW. I cannot believe that sale TeamStore has going on.

I already bought a Jason Taylor Authentic Orange, a personalized (my name) white authentic, a Nebraska replica jersey and a white Buccannear authentic (personalized) for my buddy. We are going to the Bucs/Fins game in Tampa and we will be ready.

Man, all those jerseys and I spent a fraction of what I normally would spend. Actually, I NORMALLY would never buy that many, but those prices come along very rarely.

Anyway....thanks to who ever came on here last night and told everyone. This site is where I heard about it.

BTW--I already had my Marino throwback authentic that I will be showing proudly in Canton next month! Hope to see y'all there!:)

Back
Top Bottom