Jests have another Prima Dona QB in Geno Smith, lol | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jests have another Prima Dona QB in Geno Smith, lol

What's the point of this post? Don't fault the jets for getting the best quarterback in the draft. (72 % compl percentage, 42 td 6 int) in a pass heavy offenae. Obviously you don't watch college football or have listened to coaches review of Geno. He is a perfectionist and a film room rat. This was an odd year for teams drafting quarterbacks with all the free agency signings. He's a real prima Dona for expressing his disappointment in not being drafted in the top 10..this guys a competitor and this will only fuel him to prove haters like you wrong.

Dude -- you miss the whole point. The point is that ONLY IF GENO BORDERLINE DELUSIONAL or suffers from AMERICAN IDOL SYNDROME would he think that he was worthy of going number one overall.

Just lol. smh -- Geno and Sanchez in the same film room, preening. Just lovely!

Almost as good as Sparano being hired as OC! lol

It's a good time t be a Fin fan.

LD

What's the point of this post? Don't fault the jets for getting the best quarterback in the draft. (72 % compl percentage, 42 td 6 int) in a pass heavy offenae. Obviously you don't watch college football or have listened to coaches review of Geno. He is a perfectionist and a film room rat. This was an odd year for teams drafting quarterbacks with all the free agency signings. He's a real prima Dona for expressing his disappointment in not being drafted in the top 10..this guys a competitor and this will only fuel him to prove haters like you wrong.

Tebow was the best college QB of his draft - didn't work out so well there. College production doesn't always translate to the pros and in the case of Geno it sure wont. The guy is garbage and has a huge ego. NYC is about to knock him down a few dozen notches.

Can't make this stuff up, people! Geno Smith just fired his agent... and word comes out that Smith expected to be selected number one in the draft! lol!

Now his pouting on draft day makes sense.

And his piqued attitude after being drafted in the second round, lol.

Prima dona. Another one to go w. Mark Sanchez... can't make it up. Too funny!

LD

Wrong forum. Moving in a sec

Hmmm, kinda reminds me of the stuff Nolan Nawrocki reported that he was hearing from some scouts.

Athletes are like often fueled by a strong ego. Many people believe it is extremely difficult to succeed in pro sports with a meek, timid, mindset or a low sense of self-worth. We often see pro athletes believe they are among the best when they clearly are not.

I'm just glad that for a change we are the team with the good young QB as other teams struggle for one around us.

I think this is such a non story because we dont know all the particulars. Many experts as well as the people that run the draft presentation thought he would be a first round pick. He hasnt come out and said he was told he was going number one overall and it was reasonable to expect that he would be a first rounder but qb is very hard to project in draft sometimes. His only comments about firing were . His agent did advise him to attend draft and who knows what else happened.

"I don't want to shed too much light on it but it's not because of whole draft experience," he said.

Much ado about nothing. Although IM sure the drop made Nolan Nawrocki's day although Im sure it was ruined later that day when a minority was using a public water fountain in his presence.

Hmmm, kinda reminds me of the stuff Nolan Nawrocki reported that he was hearing from some scouts.

Athletes are like often fueled by a strong ego. Many people believe it is extremely difficult to succeed in pro sports with a meek, timid, mindset or a low sense of self-worth. We often see pro athletes believe they are among the best when they clearly are not.

I'm just glad that for a change we are the team with the good young QB as other teams struggle for one around us.

It's been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long that we've been settled at the QB position w. real talent. And not hot garbage foisted on us by some "all-knowing" GM and Coach, with homer fans pretending for years that the QB position is fine [like nyjunc does for Sanchez now]. And getting years of mediocrity out of it...

Long time coming.

Dolphin fans have suffered for years with idiocy in front office and mediocrity on the field being called great. Winds of change feel good!

LD

I think this is such a non story because we dont know all the particulars. Many experts as well as the people that run the draft presentation thought he would be a first round pick. He hasnt come out and said he was told he was going number one overall and it was reasonable to expect that he would be a first rounder but qb is very hard to project in draft sometimes. His only comments about firing were . His agent did advise him to attend draft and who knows what else happened.

"I don't want to shed too much light on it but it's not because of whole draft experience," he said.

Much ado about nothing. Although IM sure the drop made Nolan Nawrocki's day although Im sure it was ruined later that day when a minority was using a public water fountain in his presence.

It was my understanding that he DID say that he expected to go number one -- and the firing of his agent was related to that. EDIT: Link to ESPN, which quotes him in the Daily News as saying just that: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/76682/reports-jets-qb-geno-smith-fires-agent

LD

clear.gif

In good news for the jets he cant be as bad as our second round qb from wvu

In good news for the jets he cant be as bad as our second round qb from wvu
Actually he might do even worse damage to the Jets. Pat White never became a factor for us and his cost was a wasted draft pick. If Geno Smith has some Sanchez-like success in the beginning and doesn't develop he could screw them up for years until they figure out he won't "develop" - just like Sanchez.

Can't make this stuff up, people! Geno Smith just fired his agent... and word comes out that Smith expected to be selected number one in the draft! lol!

Now his pouting on draft day makes sense.

And his piqued attitude after being drafted in the second round, lol.

Prima dona. Another one to go w. Mark Sanchez... can't make it up. Too funny!

LD

God Ryan leaf has the same attitude and immaturity and we saw how well that went ha. The jets just drafted another ryan leaf lol..good luck with that.

Actually he might do even worse damage to the Jets. Pat White never became a factor for us and his cost was a wasted draft pick. If Geno Smith has some Sanchez-like success in the beginning and doesn't develop he could screw them up for years until they figure out he won't "develop" - just like Sanchez.[/QUOTE
They could say the same for us in Tannehill . Im not the biggest Smith fan in the world and would have taken Barkley but its not a bad pick esp where they took him

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

God Ryan leaf has the same attitude and immaturity and we saw how well that went ha. The jets just drafted another ryan leaf lol..good luck with that.

yea because pouting because your sitting there undrafted is exactly the same not lol. Makes as much sense as not drafting a receiver because he wore baggy pants

Actually he might do even worse damage to the Jets. Pat White never became a factor for us and his cost was a wasted draft pick. If Geno Smith has some Sanchez-like success in the beginning and doesn't develop he could screw them up for years until they figure out he won't "develop" - just like Sanchez.[/QUOTE
They could say the same for us in Tannehill . Im not the biggest Smith fan in the world and would have taken Barkley but its not a bad pick esp where they took him

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

yea because pouting because your sitting there undrafted is exactly the same not lol. Makes as much sense as not drafting a receiver because he wore baggy pants

they are both cry babies. Leaf couldn't handle things and blamed others. LEaf was very immature. A lot of people went hard on geno when he said he wouldn't show up for day 2, but then he changed his mind. I didn't jump on him for that, cause it had to be upsetting and frustrating, and he did come back for day 2. But then this. It's one thing to be upset, its another to fire your agent like a baby, because you aren't drafted and taking it out on your agent because it didn't go his way. He's blaming his agent, I guarentee his agent sold his client well and its not his agent. Just the fact he doesn't want to hear, but teams didn't think he was first round material, especially 1st pick and there weren't that many qb needy teams in the bottom half of draft. Once he fell past buffalo, I knew and everyone felt he was going to drop out of first rd from there. Other teams didn't take him, because they knew they could most likely get him in the 2nd rd.

Even though he wants to blame his agent, whcih is not a good sign, the fact of the matter is he's not as touted of a qb as he thinks he is and he takes it out on his agent, when its not his agent I guarentee, but teams didn't need or want him that high. simple as that. Him firing his agent, is like the dumbasses who sue everyone for things not going as they plan. It's like the dumb lady who sued mcdonals because she got a severe burn on her crotch, because of how hot the cofee was brewed. But dumb ass put the cofee or held it between her crotch in the first place. Common sense to not put things that are hot between your crotch just incase lid comes off, you can get burned in a spot you really don't want burned. But nope she sues, even though it was her fault. Genos blaming the agent for him not getting picked when its geno just not being wanted by teams as much as he thought he would be or hoped. And geno said he wanted to go to the draft as he had the confidence that he'd get picked.

they are both cry babies. Leaf couldn't handle things and blamed others. LEaf was very immature. A lot of people went hard on geno when he said he wouldn't show up for day 2, but then he changed his mind. I didn't jump on him for that, cause it had to be upsetting and frustrating, and he did come back for day 2. But then this. It's one thing to be upset, its another to fire your agent like a baby, because you aren't drafted and taking it out on your agent because it didn't go his way. He's blaming his agent, I guarentee his agent sold his client well and its not his agent. Just the fact he doesn't want to hear, but teams didn't think he was first round material, especially 1st pick and there weren't that many qb needy teams in the bottom half of draft. Once he fell past buffalo, I knew and everyone felt he was going to drop out of first rd from there. Other teams didn't take him, because they knew they could most likely get him in the 2nd rd.

Even though he wants to blame his agent, whcih is not a good sign, the fact of the matter is he's not as touted of a qb as he thinks he is and he takes it out on his agent, when its not his agent I guarentee, but teams didn't need or want him that high. simple as that. Him firing his agent, is like the dumbasses who sue everyone for things not going as they plan. It's like the dumb lady who sued mcdonals because she got a severe burn on her crotch, because of how hot the cofee was brewed. But dumb ass put the cofee or held it between her crotch in the first place. Common sense to not put things that are hot between your crotch just incase lid comes off, you can get burned in a spot you really don't want burned. But nope she sues, even though it was her fault. Genos blaming the agent for him not getting picked when its geno just not being wanted by teams as much as he thought he would be or hoped. And geno said he wanted to go to the draft as he had the confidence that he'd get picked.

He also said it wasnt all about the draft. Maybe having dealt with this guy he doesnt want him negotiating his contract. We dont know what went on behind scenes and reality its his choice. He fell people fall all the time in draft. Still wont have one affect at all on his football career. He will either be good or not. I dont think one can make any judgement on his character by this esp since he had the balls to face day two

Back
Top Bottom