Jets Add Barr And Mosley

Travis34

chea
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I know this probably belongs in one of the other sub forums, but figured we would get more discussion here.

Some of us wanted to add Barr, so that sucks. Mosley is a decent LB but now the highest paid mlb in history. Wow.

I would think their defense should take a step forward, especially with Gregg Williams at DC and adding all these new players.

This will be a tough matchup for years to come probably, but damn, if we only win two games next year- please let them be against the jest

artdnj

Time is Now
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Jets could win 15 and they'd lose out, Jets are us on steroids, perennial losers. Go Gase, he'll ruin Sam

mrhankey81701

Starter
Reaction score
They've added a lot of talent to that defense so far (the Crowder signing looks like an overpay on offense). But winning March doesn't usually translate to winning in the season. We shall see how it works out for them.

uk_dolfan

#TankForTua
Super Donator
Reaction score
They keep throwing big contracts at free agents. They did it last year too. That's how we messed up our cap if you recall
And still had a bazillion dollars left to spend this year. Even after doing these deals they have loads

Birdmond

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
They keep throwing big contracts at free agents. They did it last year too. That's how we messed up our cap if you recall
Damn good free agents that’s the difference. We signed over the hill injury prone guys. Correct or not, they also believe they have a franchise QB to build around and that QB is on a Rookie deal unlike Tannehill.

nick1

I am Groot
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
And still had a bazillion dollars left to spend this year. Even after doing these deals they have loads
For now yes, just wait a year or 2 they will be back in cap hell. All I'm saying is this is how you get in cap hell. You have to spend wisely

uk_dolfan

#TankForTua
Super Donator
Reaction score
For now yes, just wait a year or 2 they will be back in cap hell. All I'm saying is this is how you get in cap hell. You have to spend wisely

Meh caps going up and up and they can get out of these deals when its time to extend their QB. There's money in the league these days, the point is to spend it well - something the dolphins don't have the fainest idea how to do. Im not saying these deals make the jets good, they still have to draft well. But it certainly doesn't mean they are bad either.

Our issue with money was wasting it on substandard players like Branch. Though that was obvious from the day we extended him, simply awful.

Swollcolb

Scout Team
Reaction score
First off this definitely improves the Jets no doubt about that. But I think it’s pretty dumb, they are projecting Barr as an edge rusher in their system which could work he has the size, skill set and did it more in college, but in the NFL he’s played mostly off the ball LB, so to pay him 15 mill to do something he hasn’t proven he can do consistently in NFL is a big risk (boom/bust signing). Mosley is a great player but 17 million for his position is insane, he’s a good run stuffer and solid in coverage but I’m not spending that much dough for a non-premium position (QB, Edge, Cb). I thought 8 mill a year for a mediocre Jamison Crowder was crazy too. But I guess with Cap ballooning every year some of these deals may not seem as crazy in a year or two.

Top Bottom